Oppression of Women

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

MM,

I have posted before about being perhaps one of the few lucky ones to have short, pain free, periods.

That doesn't change the fact that most mood swings or pains experienced by women at that time can be almost completely eliminated by using the proper birth control pill in conjunction with an injection of B-12.

As far as that goes, ok, so let's say I'm a bitch for two days a month and make bad decisions.

How does that compare to say, Gary Condit, being a fuckup for YEARS and making bad decisions for YEARS? And let's not even mention Bill.

Your arguments leave me a little dazed, And if I hadn't read some of your other stuff I might question whether you were a troll?!?!?

• claudia
    claudia

LDH wrote:
    "Girlfriend, that's RICH. Coming from a religion that teaches kids to LIE daily about loving their life as a JW, that publishes a book to teach kids how to lie in court, that's a good one."

But I never said jws dont also do that, we were discussing muslims, I am no longer pro jw, so I dont understand that coment.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi moe,

you said

I want you all to admit it, males/husbands in the houshold usually get their way in serious family matters. We all know this is true in many cases.

i'm sorry but i can't admit something that isn't true in my case. with my parents, my mom was the one who made ALL the decisions. she did all the finances, heck, my dad didn't even carry a checkbook! if any of us wanted to go anywhere, we'd ask mom, if we asked dad, he'd tell us to ask our mom. mom was the final say in everything.

in my relationship, this pattern continued. i was never married but lived with a boyfriend for five years. in that time, i found all of our apartments (he didn't even see any of them until move-in day except for the last place we lived), i paid all the bills, i decided when to bring the car into the shop. all major decisions were up to me. he took care of the social part, like making plans with our friends.

so i can't admit something that is not true for me.

you also said this

Women are very fragile and everybody better watch out if she is having a bad day or has cramps.

hmmm, well, i'm NOT fragile!! this statement is straight outta the 50's! help me, i'm in a time warp here. lol

moe, i don't loathe you, i feel sorry that you can't see past these stereotypes and that you don't seem to realize, we can be anything we want to be. personally, i want to be myself and not a stereotypical women who needs to be coddled during "that time of the month" or who is thought of as "fragile" or "emotional".

love
    harmony

ps. edited to add this: just because i have a pussy and tits does NOT mean i can't make a rational decision or think logically. pussy and tits SHOULD NOT limit you in any way!

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• claudia
    claudia

MrMoe opinions do not make her a troll, we all think things at times that are suprising to others.

• claudia
    claudia

MrMoe, what I have seen in my life is that men do get their way in most important decisions, our experiences do shape our opinion everyone.

• Tina
    Tina

lol ((((((((harmabel))))))))))))) lol That's my girl!!!!!!! luv ya ,T

• LDH
    LDH

Claudia,

First of all let me say I did not call MrMoe a troll. I said, if I hadn't read some other posts by her (in other words, if this were her first post) I would have definitely written her off as a troll.

You are right, we all can have surprising thoughts or actions. However, when I was contributing over at Witnet there was a poster named Jane who spouted the same 1950's type Lucy Ricardo nonsense. Shortly thereafter, she resigned and returned to the world of WOL where I can sometimes still read her rantings.

For myself, once I questioned my religion I questioned everything else as well. And it just surprised me to hear that maybe Mr. Moe hadn't questioned this aspect of society's norms more than she had. I got the impression from her other posts that she was a forward thinking kind of girl.

On the Muslim tip, my point is that what Christians know about Muslims would fit on the head of a needle. The few arseholes who get the attention like Louis Farrakhan are not representative of the majority of the world's Muslims. They are the ones the media needs to sell papers and air time.

So I was surprised to hear you say you hate Muslim, the religion.

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2
    No - you still don't get where I am coming from or what I am saying. Love would "never make somebody do something they do not want to do."
    I want you all to admit it, males/husbands in the houshold usually get their way in serious family matters. We all know this is true in many cases.

Moe you repeated that love phrase for support of a male head, you argue that he will not do anything wrong in his final say since love wouldnt allow him to do make someone do something bad or wrong.

Moe, you need to realize we are all HUMANS. Male and female we are individuals. Saying women are inferior to men and should not get the final say in a household is no more wrong than saying black people are inferior to whites. You can back this up by saying black people are over twice as likley to develop heart disease than a white person and are therefore genetically inferior. You could say 'Would you want a black president making major descisions when he will likley drop dead of heart disease?'

also saying that something happens alot does not make it right. I can say 'Admit it, murders happen alot in cities' that dosent mean murders are right. Think about this moe, the reason men have nipples is we all start out female in the womb. Theres not a lot that seperates men and women. Women have a tiny penis called a clitoris, it is over 3 inches long and becomes erect just like a penis. Men have testicles, women ovaries. Men can even lactate with enough estrogen.

Remember george orwells book 'animal farm...the pigs changed the rules from 'all animals are created equal' to 'all animals are created equal..but some are more equal than others'

Moe we are all humans, sometimes a man is more capable of making a descision in a grouop of people, sometimes a woman..sometimes a white person, sometimes a mexican.

You cant generalize and say 'Mexicans should always be in charge because as a grouop they are smarter than us. Thats absurd and ignorant.

Moe you really are talking not just from the 50' but from prehistoric ages. A marriage should be a partnership, where descisions are mutual.

Moe i just read an article where a pakistani woman had her nose cut off, and her eyeball ripped from it's socket with a hook because she 'shamed' her husband. THis is the extreme at which the ignorant view that men are more capable than women can lead to.

-Dan who is not more equal than any woman on this board or cat for that matter

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy MrMoe,

Would you want the typical female (not your ideal female, typical female) to make a world altering choice if she is on the rag?

No.....and I wouldn't want a typical male to make that choice either. I would hope that we have a savvy enough government of both sexes to make the world altering choice.

I tell you what, I sure as hell would NOT want to make a choice if I was on the rag. I am a bitch when my hormones are raging.

That is you. I've worked full time, with men exclusively, for over 25 years. Raggin' or not - I make decisions as good as, worse, or better than them any day of the month.

Perhaps as you get older, you'll learn to think and continue no matter what your body is doing. Not easy, but is done by millions of women and men. Women can control their emotions - just like men can.

waiting

• seven006
    seven006

This is the funniest thread I have ever read on this site. I am just sitting in my office with spit all over my monitor laughing my ass off.

Moe, I love ya sweetheart but you have a hell of a lot to learn about being a non-JW. I'm a guy and I can't even buy into what you are saying. If your situation with letting your husband make the logical decisions in your family works and you are happy with it then don't let any of these nice ladies try and convince you to change that. I'm not saying that they are but your way of thinking is so far behind times it has cob webs all over it, but if it works then do it.

The rag comment was priceless. It's a good thing Margaret Thatcher was past menopause when she was in command of England. I can see her having a hot flash and sending a nuclear missile to blow the shit out of France.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that after several mounts of you getting to know a lot of the women on this board your thoughts about men and their superior ability to make rational decisions all the time will change dramatically. There are some kick ass women on this board and they are as rational and logical as any of the guys here.

When and if I ever decide to get back into a relationship with a woman I would love for her to have the thinking, caring, logic and reasoning ability as well as the sense of humor that a lot of the women on this board have.

Your going to look back in a few mounts to this thread and say to yourself "what in the hell was I thinking".

I still can't stop laughing.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit