Oppression of Women

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dave,

And thanks for bringing this thread back into perspective!

And if it works for Moe, good for her.

But not me.

waiting

• seven006
    seven006

waiting,

I'm just glad it was a woman who said all that stuff. If it had been a guy he'd be crawling around the floor right now trying to find his balls.

I think the reeducation of Mr. Moe is coming along very swiftly.

Dave

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Mr. Moe,

Sorry sweetie. I totally disagree with you here. I think when I was a JW, your statement...

I want you all to admit it, males/husbands in the houshold usually get their way in serious family matters. We all know this is true in many cases.

...would have been true. The longer I am an ex-JW, the more I see this is the opposite. (And I go to a pretty fundamental Protestant church!) I am seeing more and more that women are the biggest decisions makers in situations that affect the family. Why? I don't know. We are progressing as a world? I DO know that there are MANY women in my life that are VERY logical thinkers. I consider myself one of them. Whether I'm on my period (which are pretty painful!) has nothing to do with it. I think the longer you are away from the JW mentality, the more you will see this. Not just in others, but in yourself as well.

But if things are that way with you and your hubby - that's great. But that doesn't mean it's the same across the board. Open your scope of vision a little.

Harmony - amen sister!

Dave - Your balls are right where you left them.

Love,
    Andi

• JanH
    JanH

Moe,

I do agree with women allowing their husbands to make a final decision, being on how women think with their hearts and men think with their heads, making choices often times more logical ones.

Men think with their heads? LOL, which head? You can with equal justification say men think with their pricks. Believe me, I have some expertise in the matter.

Sorry, I found what you said pretty surreal, and have a really hard time taking it seriously. The man the head of the household? Come'on! Ability for making decisions on purchases, investment, relocation, etc, etc, is quite equally distributed between men and women. In some relationships, men will naturally take the lead in some issues, women in others, and vice versa for other couples. Job allocation, if you can call it that, should be made based on talents, not plumbing.

I've never met a woman more irrational during her period than I have been, occasionally, at any random time of the month.

Moe, you seem pretty confused about some issues. Going around with the idea that men are superiour to yourself on the basis of gender alone is not likely to lead you into happy relationships. And believe me, a man confident in himself will not be happy about it either. Really strong men wants strong women. Insecure men trying to appear strong, want weak women to boss around.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi mr.moe! you said

...how women think with their hearts and men think with their heads...

speak for yourself hon! i rarely make decisions with my heart...i use my head!!! i don't think that this statement holds the least bit true...regardless of sex, people are going to follow their hearts to make a choice or use logic. it all depends on the individual and the situation they are faced with.

and as for a husband (or ANYONE for that matter) making a final decision about anything in life... LOL! yeah, it is always nice to have some input from someone (when you ask) but this is MY life, i call the shots and make the final decision that feels right to me! although, i always respect others and their ideas, it is my job to take those ideas and my own, analyze them take what i think is the right option and leave the rest if it isn't something i am comfortable with.

moe, i know that you have your opinion, and that's cool, i'm not bashing you.

peace and love, mango

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• seven006
    seven006

Billygoat,

I appreciate the information concerning my misplaced personal item but how did you know where they were?

Riz, Straight forward and hilarious? I thought I was just being nice. No wonder I don't have a girlfriend.

Dave

• claudia
    claudia

Ok religion aside, some things perhaps are culture/nationality. My mother is from italy she has always told us to find an american man when and if we wanted to marry.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@Dave - I wish I could say I found them, but that's not true! Haha!

Andi

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

MrMoe, MrMoe, MrMoe,

Girl !!!!!! What were you thinking ?????????

1) When I'm on the rag, I have sore breasts and lower back pain. My brain continues to function quite normally, thank you. Amazing isn't it?
    2) I strongly believe in equality. When there is a problem in my house and my hubby and I are at different ends of the pole, we meet in the middle. There is absolutely NO WAY I would live with a man who had to have the last say in everything. I got enough of that in the BORG.

You give the impression that you believe women are empty-headed pieces of fluff who couldn't make a sane decision if their lives depended on it, and that men are our saviors, ready to shelter us from the tough calls in life. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

You stated your opinion.....I've stated mine.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Hello! Just got home. Nice to see you all are being nice. What you must understand is, I beleive in God, and I believe he did create women as a help mate and companion to women.

Women are not to be ruled over, but I still believe it is God's purpose for women to allow thier husbands the last word. I did try to leave religion out of this, but I guess I am forced to admit this is the reason for my beleifs.

Do I think women make good leaders? Yes, many would.
    Do I think all men think logically? No, I don't.
    Do I think women think logically? Yes, I do.
    Do I think women are more emotional than men? Yes, I do - A LOT!

Hugs and kisses to you all for being polite. Love you all.

I won't be posting until next week. I am going to take a much need vacation to the Florida Keys. I will have plenty of fun. Don't forget about me, OK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit