Were you ever ashamed of another JW?

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I asked one of my non JW friends to borrow his van to two JWs for a few hours, they were insured for driving any van.

When they finished they rang and told him that his van was losing water from the cooling system and he had to go and take it. When he went there by using a bus he saw that they had just pulled out the cooling system hose, so that they wouldn't have to drive 8 miles to deliver it back to him, it was a trick to make him go to their house to take it. That was really mean, the guy had to pay for bus fares and waste his time and petrol, in addition to having been nice to them.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm very ashamed of the Governing Body.

• unique1
    unique1
    Another time, I was invited to dinner by older JW couple. He was elder. She ALWAYS argued with him, about everything, and belittled him. That was very shocking and unpleasant.

You must know my parents!!!!

There was a CO who gave a sermon on how parents should watch what their children play with. "For example, did you know Pokemon stands for Pocket Monster? Is this something we should allow our children to play with? Pocket Monsters?" The next meeting a mother was talking about how she went home and burned her 3 year olds favorite stuffed picachu in front of her little girl because they were bad to play with. She was so proud. I felt so bad for the kid. I know she was traumatized.

• still angry
    still angry

"The next meeting a mother was talking about how she went home and burned her 3 year olds favorite stuffed picachu in front of her little girl because they were bad to play with. She was so proud. I felt so bad for the kid. I know she was traumatized."

What the heck is wrong with these people?! When I was a kid, my mom destroyed a stuffed, beloved unicorn I had because it was evil or something.

Being embarrassed by any fellow JW was easy as a kid in this religion, but I remember in particular this one brother that was in service with our family. He had "issues", and was very gangly and socially inept to begin with. Then as we're approaching a person in their garden, he notices a bee around his head and begins flapping his arms and swinging his book bag around and yelling at the bee. This person was just watching him, as we all were, in fascinated horror. He was shouting to Jehovah to help him, and asking why, oh why, was he being persecuted by this creation. He was jumping around like a maniac and I wanted to DIE! He was asking the bee to kindly move on to another place and other things that I couldn't make out because of all the jumping and turning. I remember geting back in the van immediately, and this brother asking to take a break because he was so traumatized. My mom had said "So am I." and service was done! It was the best day of service I ever remember.

I guess this isn't technically being ashamed, that list goes on for miles, but I still laugh when I think of it.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yeah... often.

Our tight ass PO would go to get a coffee and present his Senior citizens card for a 10 cent cup of joe...it was normally 30 cents.

So embarassing.

u/d

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

There was a sister in our cong who used to take her twin girls out without any knickers on so that they could pee whenever they needed to. One day she squatted them on the lawn of someone who wasnt it (were talking a row of British terrace houses so even though that person wasnt in were were only a few metres away from the neighbours).

It wouldnt have been so bad if they hadnt have been 16 yrs old! (HAHAHAHHA only kidding, they were about 3 or 4 I think)

My mind is boggling about the girl who got her titties out infront of her parents. In what context did this happen? Did she look round, see that no-one was looking, shrug, and put em back in again or what??

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

I knew this older brother who thought if he added a "a" to the end of a word he seriously believe he could speak spanish. Now mind you I can not speak a lick of spanish, but enough to know thats not how it works.LOL

Hi'a Im'a Dub, this'a is'a my friend'a "insert my name" Have you'a.....ect.

very very emabarassing. but funny too. what a moron.

besides that, almost all dubs were seriously socially retarded.

• ezra
    ezra

yes i am ashamed at those who left the faith then proceed to treat us like the scum of the earth,i can not believe the posts i have seen recently,you guys are starting to sound like those on yahoo christian chat,check it out you will see what i mean

• Brigid
    Brigid

How about this, ezra. The worst time was this...it's so hard and painful to tell because it involves social services and someone very close to me (a faithful to this day in good standing JW). When social services came to claim the children due to her abuse, she screamed out to jehovah very loudly to help her in front of god, the school, the police, social services, the children and everyone. They all heard her except for god.

She wound up in court and that screaming incident became part of official court transcript.

I tell, you jehovah's name was sure vindicated THAT day, my friend...

Bright Blessings,

~Brigid

• JAVA
    JAVA

We had a Cir.O. named Harold Wright (anyone out here have him) who was a real jerk, and very cheap. While out in service he went into barber shop and the barber didn't have customers at that time. He told the barber he wanted a hair cut but wanted a reduced rate because the guy wasn't doing anything. The barber said no, so Harold offered him the mags. I was really ashamed of being with him, and being a JW.

Here's another event, but different JW: My spouse and I were out in service Saturday morning with an older couple. After service we went to a restaurant with large windows that faced the front of the building, and we parked in front right by the windows. Before getting out of the car the old brother said, "Does anyone want a little drink before going in?" He pulled out a bottle of whisky, took a swig and passed it to his spouse. Yep--we then walked into the restaurant for lunch. I'll never forget the looks we got from several customers. Oh yeah--I had to go back and add this: When lunch arrived he said a prayer at the table!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit