Were you ever ashamed of another JW?

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Ashamed of this brother (about 60 years old) who would pee in the bushes when we were out in service. I refused to go in the group with him anymore.

Back in Minnesota, I remember a brother like that. He claimed to have a bladder problem, and it would never fail that he would have to jump out of the car and take a leak.

It didn't matter where we were. If it was city territory, or rural, he would just pee anywhere he could find a spot. VERY EMBARASSING!!!

• Think
    Think

In pioneering camp, we worked some villages. One Sister was so nasty, and loud, and I have the "joy" to work with her. She was screaming and yeling, and arguing with the people, I was crying for the poor people. Not only they refused to listen to us, they almost stoned us. And she was kind of educated person, working as a nurse.

What a shame. I was loosing my heart for pionnering...

• serendipity
    serendipity
    There are too many times to count. But I guess that the time I was the most ashamed was after I had faded. I was waiting tables at a restaurant in Amarillo, TX. The DC was in town and the JWs were out in force. That night, ALL 15 members of the waitstaff made just over $100 in tips! It was so bad, there were several tables that left no money, but would leave old issues of the WT and Asleep rags as tips.

Some people here complained about the KM insert that specifies 'acceptable' behavior for JWs at DC's, including advice on tipping. Evidently too many JW's ignore that advice & make all JWs look bad. No wonder repetition is needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit