tweety

Hello Zerimar and Welcome to the board!

Tweety

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi zerimar, and welcome to the board

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Isn't it great finding all these people who have had the same expierance?
    Welcome to the board.

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board enjoy your stay

es

• mariarybrests
    mariarybrests

I too grew up much like you. My entire family, including most of my extended family are Jehovah's Witnesses. I got baptized when I was almost 14, but for wrong reasons. I slowly drifted until I was 18 and I moved out of town to be closer to the college I was attending. I quit going to meetings (etc.) I ended up in jail several times due to drug use and wreckless behavior in the first 2 years on my own. My parents, both Jehovah's Witnesses, never abandoned me during all my troubles. This is why I respect them so much. Even though I know they were disappointed with my behavior and rebellion, they realized I'm imperfect just like they are. Now a little wiser with a wife and young son, I know that I won't be happy until I start doing the things I grew up doing. I can't lie to my son, or my wife. I know what's right. No matter how many little things you find to complain about with Jehovah's Witnesses, the truth out weighs it all! I really appreciate what I used to have when I see how disgusting and scummy the world has become. I'm still struggling to make it back to meetings regularly and get reinstated.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Welcome! Alot of us around the same age here. I guess we are the generation that would walk away!

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk
    the truth out weighs it all! I really appreciate what I used to have when I see how disgusting and scummy the world has become. I'm still struggling to make it back to meetings regularly and get reinstated.

What truth?

• zerimar
    zerimar

Thanks all of you, for your warm welcomes. I'll look forward to participating in the forum!!

• clovis
    clovis

Welcome, I'm new here and don't post much. Your story struck a nerve. Don't allow yourself to get bitter as it will just keep you from enjoying things you can now do anytime you please. I was so similar to you except no dad just a pushy mother. She meant well and I love her but I could never even concieve staying in that religion to please someone. I'm 50 yrs old and was a jdub till I was 38. Man did I make up for lost time like a bat out of hell. Still I was wise enough not to do anything really stupid. Get your degree and have some fun! My problem now is seeing my sisters kid 16 and full of life going down that same crappy path. I feel like kidnapping him. Man it is bugging the hell out of me. Here is this big, good looking , smart kid soon to be a man being told all the BS. Anyone have any Ideas?

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome Zerimar...glad to have you aboard.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit