No JWs in sight....what happened to them?

by kid-A 47 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I believe thay have gotten lazy about doing cold calls. I suspect they divide up the interest slips sent to the KH from visitors to the WT website. Rather than go door to door they do follow up and deliver the requested magazine or book. They are receiving a lot rebuttal at the door now and are probably scared of running into closet apostate types like me who could threaten their spirituality.

peace,

Moshe

• Chimene
    Chimene

Y'all are lucky, I had 2 beeting on my door 2 months ago, on Thanksgiving day. I've actually been contemplating on having a sign made to put on my door, that says "no religion or soliciting". I've lived here for 18 years, and I don't think I've gone one whole year with out them knocking???

• steve2
    steve2

At loooonnnnnng lasssssssst, the average worn-out and bored JW has had the refreshing audacity to turn his or her worn-out and bored feelings into action and slowwwwwwwwwweddddddddddddddd righhhhhhht dowwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc.

Little wonder the end of year statistics show how stagnant the organization has become.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Where I live they have been here a few times. They seldom stop at my house, but a few months ago 2 men stopped and gave my hubby an Awake. He did not tell them we are "used to be's" . I've seen mormons and other groups more often that jws.

Years ago jws stopped attacking the neighborhoods. Part of it was b/c there was so seldom anyone home, the other is they went into "underground mode." Preparing for " end time witnessing". I do recall us using that type of witnessing. That means we'd stop at one house on a street, leave literature, then maybe do one or two more houses. The object was not to attaract the nieghbors attention. Then we would go to the next street, or go to the oppisite end of the territroy. The object was not to be seen, observed by neighbors who would call the police. It requires really good record keeping to know which houses have been worked and which have not.

I imagine that is what is going on and apparently it works b/c none of us has seen very many of them and yet they turn in time.

They must feel they are under attack. This was always a hot topic, underground witnessing.

Just wanted to say whre I live there is a witness family on every street for about 5-6 streets. All know us and most have known us for several decades. . Not one person is calling to see if we are ok, or anything. One couple I think has stopped going to the meetings themselves, but when I tried to "feel " them out, was informed they still "believe in jws. (I'm very carreful about what I say) . I believe they may be saying this b/c they are afraid. They know the consequences of saying the wrong thing. That too is a problem, the ones of us who are inactive are afraid to approach the others b/c we are so afraid of being reported. Wow this cult has some strong strings.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

During the "truth' book campaign of late 1960's -1970's we did our territory every 3 months like clockwork precision.Reg pioneers where allocated and rationed territory and the call would go out "who has a territory map? at the service meetings.

We would get heat from the police and back off until things chilled,we would say,"we aren't working it to death we are working it to life".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Email sent to me January 2006 status of my old congregation (left in 1992)

Mole report---------- Hi Danny! The kingdom hall in Hingham, has lost about 50% of their membership over the last 2 years mostly whole families have left the witnesses altogether.

Most who remain are inactive some (about 5 families) moved away with no forwarding address. Among those who remain, many are known alchoholics and liars. (Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses Hingham Massachusetts) I heard this is typical with the witnesses.

The society has sent pioneers to help Hingham complete the territory, because NO ONE in this congregation even goes out in service.Most of the people just put down a few hours of supposed,informal witnessing to keep the elders off their backs.

Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses is the same.They lost about 25%, no new growth in years. Most young ones are leaving. Many inactive. Don't know about the rest. How are you? Often think of you. You are in Maine right? How are the Witnesses up there treating your car, are they still smashing windows or cutting tires? Very christian of them!

• kid-A
    kid-A

During the "truth' book campaign of late 1960's -1970's we did our territory every 3 months like clockwork precision

I was a little kid in the 70s but remember this gung-ho attitude of my parents. Maybe 75 was the tipping point. Whatever the case, I have no idea where the new converts are coming from. One phenomenon in Toronto, which has a HUGE chinese immigrant population. The chinese are signing up for the bible studies in lieu of having to pay for english classes. Imagine, 2 hours a week of free english immersion with a native english speaker !! Funny thing is, none of them attend the meetings or go out in service!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

the situation is the same here in Australia. You'd see them (including myself) out every weekend. Congregating on the corners.. LOL... But I haven't seen any out in a good 18 months. Its really weird. They don't know where I live so I know they are not skipping our house or anything like that either... its strange i tell you!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    They are receiving a lot rebuttal at the door now and are probably scared of running into closet apostate types like me who could threaten their spirituality.

Moshe, thats the best discription I've heard about people like us. Love it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They were out and about around here last week, it must be the circuit overseers visit. They wouldn't call here anyway, but they called everywhere else, what a pleasure for the neighbours that must have been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit