No JWs in sight....what happened to them?

by kid-A 47 Replies latest jw friends

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

Mr. and Mrs KOOL AID MAN are two ex-anointed J.W.s that are totally appauled with the conduct of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Their shunning and enforced hatred is deplorable! We feel the people in our New England community have the right to know who Jehovah's Witnesses really are, and what they are hiding behind. We started an agressive, active campaign of going door to door and putting our neighbors on notice on how dangerous it could be for them to accept the teachings of the Watchtower Organization. When approaching the householders we immediately tell them we are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses, and the majority are glad to hear that! We then ask the resident if Jehovah's Witnesses have visited them recently. We are very suprised when most of them tell us the Witnesses are not coming to their door any more. We think the door to door ministry of the J.W.s is not as bountiful as it used to be. People are just not responding, so we feel they are concentrating on reaching people more by way of telephone, parking lot witnessing, train and bus station recruiting, letter writing, and even trying to witness to people on internet chatrooms, such as this one. Although the Society highly discourages internet dialog, we are sure they are pleased to accept the hours of witnessing on the internet!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I talked to an old friend who was in the congregation when I was active 30 years or so ago and he said he didn't think JWs needed to go door-to-door since Jesus didn't do it. He said the young people were leaving the org. and the end could be centuries away. He died a few months later. His sister died a couple of days ago and I may go to the memorial service today. I studied with her 40 or more years ago. I should at least apologize ro her.

Ken P.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i just moved a few weeks ago. and i'm, waiting for the dubs to stop by. as i'm home most sat and sun mornings. but at my last place for 6 years the dubs never stopped by once. and the hall was just 3 blocks away. i had to go stand at the front gate or go to the kingdom hall. just to get into a good arguement. of course they called the cops on me. twice. and when i went to the elders house with bible in hand he told me his community was gated as a no soliciting zone. and to leave before he called the police. as i left his door . i reminded him that he is a HYPOCRATE.

• rekless
    rekless

Menno, South Dakota = No witnesses in 8 months I lived in Vegas for 5 years and in three different hoods and only saw Spanish witness in two of them even though there was a big kingdom hall / Assembly hall built # blocks from us on Rainbow Ave.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I have lived in 5 different homes in 4 different territories since moving back to this province and haven't been called on once since 1999.

This is not a complaint

Dams

• Cellist
    Cellist

We occasionally see them out and about. Usually when the C.O. is in town. The last witnesses to call at our door were the C.O. and P.O., about 12 or 13 years ago. Although we have spotted them in our neighbourhood a couple of times.

The territories aren't being covered like they used to be.

Cellist

• kid-A
    kid-A

They must be fudging the numbers, or the "publishers" are just fabricating hours on the slips and counting their "dunkin donuts" time. Maybe this is limited to Canada and the US, since they are actually growing in the third world, I suspect they actually do go "door to door" or "shack to shack" in these poorer countries.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Give em a call I bet they would be right over............Ding Dong!

• JH
    JH

I remember a time when the JW's were a pain in the butt. They were everwhere. I couldn't go out without bumping into one.

Now, I wear a goatee since months, and expect them to see me with it, but no, I don't see any witnesses anywhere, even less going door to door.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Noooo thank you, DaveNwisconsin. I don't think anybody's complaining.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit