The persons that had brought you into the WTS

by greendawn 31 Replies latest social current

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

One my aunts brought me/family into the truth, she's a fader today

• Odrade
    Odrade

The couple that brought my parents in are, sadly, passed away for many years. They were lovely people, true believers, but very kind. The wife was an early graduate of Gilead, (1943 I think,) and her experience was in the yearbook for one of the S.A. countries. She died suddenly in about 1975 or 1976. Their daughter passed away suddenly a couple of years ago. I didn't know, but she lived only about an hour from me. She was always a really kind person, and I would like to have seen her again before she died, had I known she was here.
    The husband was South American and LOVED god and the bible. I remember one time we were at the Hallmark store and he pulled his bible out of his pocket and read the checker a scripture, then he told her, "young lady, Jehovah loves you just like his very own little girl. You need to have a bible study. I will send someone to visit you." He would be absolutely broken-hearted to learn that any one of his "family" had rejected the organization. I'm sorry for that, though I know he was wrong. In some ways I'm glad he was no longer living by the time I left the JWs.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Though I was raised by my family that is 5 generations deep in this crap, I blame myself for taking the 'plunge' It seemed wrong at the time, but I went ahead and did it.

So I blame myself.

• free2beme
    free2beme

It was my mom, and I still love her.

• nowisee
    nowisee

my parents? sure i confronted them. interestingly, my father was also instrumental in getting me out (not by persuasion, just by example).

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

The couple that got my wife involved were very, very nice ( the perfect salespersons ). The elder that oversaw them was very nice, at first. Then, after about a year and a half, and realizing there was no way I was going to buy into their " design for living" ( and dieing ) he became just the opposite in personality . . .telling me I was a "goat" and began the full blown effort to get my wife ( and son . . .four years old and daughter . . two years old ) to divorce me. It worked That was 1973-74.

I often wonder how many more families this guy has ruined.

His name is Alvey . . don't know his first name.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sincerely nice and misguided souls... Steve and Janice Summers. Last I heard they were at Patterson. As far as I know I was the only sucker they ever got to come into the cult and go as far as I did... they used to be proud of me.

But like all my Dub "brothers and sisters", they have NEVER once called me even to see how I'm doing (and they know I went through a lot of sh*t for "Jehooba's sake")

Fair weathered bastards...the lot of em.

u/d

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The sister I studied with is still going to the same kh. She phoned me when I da'd to ask why, but when I started to explain she told me I should have prayed more and stuck with it instead of taking the "suicidal course" I had embarked on. She hasn't contacted me since, and I doubt she will. I expect she is very disappointed with me now.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

This person featured in 2 watchtowers ago (constance xx) her sisters name was Palm Catanzaro (she had nothing to do with me).

What I just wanted to mention was first of all she brought more people out of the truth then she did into it (vile personality, with gossip venom) and she broke up quite a few marriages. Her brother was a circuit overseer and an article was writen about him in the past too!

This person was revered so much that her funeral was in the Jersey City ass hall

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The 2 people that brought my family into the bOrg actually became Apostates not long after we joined. Growing up, I would always hear about how they became evil Apostates. They were actually the smart ones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit