What Bethelites Are Saying About The Layoffs

by wanda 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Highlander
    Highlander

I know what I would say:

Thank God!! I'm getting the hell out of here!!! woo hoo!!!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Like I have been saying for years, ONE by ONE the Borg WTB&TS is going to change! The wheels are in motion.

If only my Lawfirm would allow me to say more!!!! Keep watching the news!

• savedtoserve
    savedtoserve

I rememebr years ago when I was a young kid in the WT, some specualting that the Brooklyn headquarters would some day no longer have a purpose, specifically because the "message had been preached". I can just see the rank and file JW's worldwide falling for some explanation that the GB hands down about all this 1) We are re-organizing; or 2) we want to move out of the large city to a more conducive atmosphere fro the preaching and teaching of Jehovah's word; or one of many excuses.

My opinion is just this: they are now faced with billions and billions in potential lawsuits from the Tort of Misrepresentation charges, in part, and know they could lose theire proverbial "as--es' over this. Plus as that opens a can of worms, cases regarding sexual molestation could possibly not be downplaye dor treated so lightly in court.

Whichever, it sure seems like the death knoll is sounding for the Watchtower.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Ah, Mr. Kim, I'm very intrigued.......I'll definitely be waiting and watching.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    My opinion is just this: they are now faced with billions and billions in potential lawsuits from the Tort of Misrepresentation charges, in part, and know they could lose theire proverbial "as--es' over this. Plus as that opens a can of worms, cases regarding sexual molestation could possibly not be downplaye dor treated so lightly in court.

I also think 9/11 scared the bejesus out of them. It wouldn't be good to have this organization that spends all it's time preaching the coming destruction of all these evil churches only to be blown to hell themselves while all the other churches around the world are left standing.

Might look to much like an angry God dealing properly with those who have so slandered His good name.

CYP

• savedtoserve
    savedtoserve

That makes good sense Check-Your-Premises...

Suppose a jet had veered off course and smacked inot the WTBS headquarters -it sits just off the waterfront on the east river. Good point you made.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am surprised how often Brooklyn is mentioned in American movies and sitcoms. It must be a well known place to Yankees. I would love to know how much the WTS properties are worth in Brooklyn.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I would love to know how much the WTS properties are worth in Brooklyn.

Mucho bucks. Trust me. I used to work in Manhattan for years. The view of Brooklyn on the east side is breathtaking. Just a hop and skip from the Manhattan bridge. $$$$$$$$$$

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Thus far the whole Layoffs/Downsizing has just been a RUMOUR. There hasn't been any hard evidence or obvious reductions in staff that indicate that the rumour is true. Some insiders are claiming that is true but until it happens - and it would be obvious - and yes, when it did happen we would begin to have direct reports from bethelites, former bethelites and persons in congregations with returning bethelites hitting this board and others (which whe haven't had) thus to answer your question of your post the answer is NOTHING - since there are no massive layoffs as of yet.

-Eduardo

PS: We are talking about massive downsizing not just the usual amount of rejects and drop-outs. There is the occassional person asked to leave or who leaves voluntarilly as is normal. There is always some turnover there. But what has been rumoured is reduction of staff in the magnitudes of 50% or more.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Orobus: There you go again, talking out of your ass. First of all, the rumour was on the scale of 1500+/- bethelites in the US. 1500/6000 = 25%. Second, it is not a rumour! I have friends AND family who are being sent home as we speak - never having to face anything like this before. I have gotten the INSIDE scoop directly from bethel.

I have no problem with the occasional Devil's advocate, but you take it to a new level of absurdity... so just stuff it.

edit: Oh, and the downsizing is going to be happenning over time, not all at once. Whether its 10, 15 or even 25%, it is certainly a substantial and massive downsizing that is going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit