What Bethelites Are Saying About The Layoffs

by wanda 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for a topic idea Blondie!

Rutherford did that...Beth Sarim.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Does anyone have the actual numbers? I've heard 1500, 2500 etc. Has there been anything in print yet? Anyway to confirm the numbers or is the Borg keeping it under the radar.

• mouthy
    mouthy

they have enough money to buy a very large island all to themselves. They could rename it- : Amnesia island!-

Blinder City?

Then they could get everyone to drink the Coolaid----

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In our congregation there is speculation amongst the servant team even that the Society will not be in Brooklyn much longer. Stange thing is the logical place all think is Walkill etc in upstate New York which of course is even colder than NYC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Strange thing is the logical place all think is Wallkill etc in upstate New York which of course is even colder than NYC

They are merely moving to where the climate suites their hearts.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I had gotten word that it was probably not going to be WKL because the city does not want a bigger population and not PATT for whatever reason. That it was going be somewhere upstate - I forgot what city it was..it was all hearsay.

What is left in BRK?

Admin offices

Branch Committee

Convention Office

Health Care

Hospital Information Services

Legal: Attorneys James Andrik, Carolyn Wah

Office of Public Info

Personnel Office

Treasurer's Office

Writing Dept.

Bethel Office

and other lesser dept's.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, when they built the Patterson project, the local government was concerned about the stress on the local infrastructure. Dropping another 1,000 people on a town with 12,000 people would not be liked by them. Especially people that are not involved in the community, don't pay taxes, don't vote, but will be dropping by every six weeks to sell, or place, their publications.

Pinebush is the nearest town to the "Wallkill" facility and it only has 1,539 people. Wallkill has about 27,000 but will also not be too thrilled to have 1,000 people dropped on them.

I wonder what little hamlet they are going to drop 1,000 JWs on?

Blondie

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I too have heard some elders thinking that they won't be in Brooklyn much longer. "Jehovah is sure speeding up the work in the last days", isn't he?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Blondie, I have always wondered what it's like to live by all those dubs! You gave me an idea. Apparently there are lots of UFO sightings near there. hmmmmmmm Sigh, I really need to focus on different hobbies......

• metatron
    metatron

They will be laying off quite a number thruout their NY facilities. So, it remains to be seen exactly what sort of net increase, if any,

would be imposed on Paterson or Wallkill.

I think most Bethelites put a good face on it - and then retreat to their rooms to cry privately. Many of them are in for a rude awakening

as they find out just how difficult working for a living can be. Good luck getting healthcare.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit