What Bethelites Are Saying About The Layoffs

by wanda 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I would prefer to see some actual evidence as opposed to "friend of a friend" or "my cousin Joey" reports. That's not too much to ask is it?

Did you want actual evidence from the Watchtower as opposed to "one man who had been a member of the clergy" or "one well-known historian states that blah, blah, blah" when you sat in on a Sunday Watchtower Study?

• LDH
    LDH

Honesty,

GREAT point!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"I would prefer to see some actual evidence as opposed to "friend of a friend" or "my cousin Joey" reports. That's not too much to ask is it?"

Some of us here on JWD have close family members in Bethel who we converse with regularly. I'm sorry you're not privy to these discussions. Perhaps you can go take a tour of a US Branch and gather your own information. But then, if you reported it here, wouldn't still be "hearsay" to all of us? My point is, stop being a dick.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I thought the 'downsizing' was a fact!

If it is not a fact, then what the hell are they going to do with the extra staff that used to print the other Awake that is not printed each month now. That alone must account for 10 or 15% reduction in volume.

I don't see how they could retain the same staff now.

Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Common sense says so too - We know they actually buy their ink in now rather than have it made in-house - this also means less staff. Soft back books are aeasier to make then hard back and require less work to stack and load etc because of weight. Bit by bit you are bound to need less people. The less people the less support staff such as cleaners etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit