Sad news from Maui

by Makena1 98 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

This is so sad. I remember Puternut and really used to enjoy his posts, sense of humor and seemingly gentle nature.

His family killed him. It makes me sick.

Jean

• juni
    juni

Dearest Makena and Sabine,

I feel very sad to read about your losses - your friend and daughter. As you said, shunning cuts to the heart. I had a mental breakdown a year after I DA myself. Before I did that when I was out and about the witnesses whom I had known for many years would turn their heads. Probably in the gossip pipeline that I was doing horrific things.

Shunning is emotionally damaging. I know that I was at the point of suicide, but my husband got me help. So I truly feel the pain that these two dear ones went through and from my husband the pain that the living would have.

Peace to both of you.

Juni

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sad news Indeed. I used to enjoy Ary's posts, and remembering being envious of him when he announced his move to Hawaii, and subsequent posts descibing his joy at being there and the descriptions of how beautiful it was.

My condolences to his friends and his family. Though his family will probably never know they in part have been responsible.

Rest in peace Ary

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

What a nice guy Puternut was! He was posting when I first joined the board. I really liked his sense of humor, reading some of his posts made a gloomy day seem brighter. My heart feels sick that he was in so much distress, and that his family denied him love. I realize more and more how fragile life can be.

Have a blessed rest.

• Matty
    Matty

I really enjoyed his posts - I'm stunned - I can't believe he's gone. I can only echo what everyone else here has said - I'll miss him hugely.

Rest in Peace Ary.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Thanks so much for all the thoughtful posts regarding Ary and our own personal experience with suicide.

(thanks to Nosferatu for putting together highlights of his posts- at the time I first posted the news I could not for the life of me remember his screen name)

We are supposed to get together with a bunch of folks that got to know Ary here on Maui for a simple memorial service this Sunday at his ex-girlfriend who is a phychologist. Hopefully that will give us some more insight as to why this happened. Afterwards, we plan on going to the beach - and have a more traditional Hawaiian ceremony. Not sure what that means yet!

The last time we got together was on the beach- chatted a bit, and we sang along with a friend who had his guitar. Didn't know at the time that things were rocky with him and his new girlfriend.

I met with another mutual acquaintance, John, last night who spoke with him at length last weekend. John knows very little about the witnesses. He said Ary was under a lot of stress, and started talking about the WT was coming after him, the FBI was harassing him - I went...."huh"?????.

No way of knowing at this point if something even more sinister happened or if because of extreme stress, Ary was not thinking clearly.

Thank you all again for the encouragement and support. We are a like a big family here and want to thank so many of you who helped us when we needed it most!

Aloha and warm regards,
    Mak and Sabine

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Perhaps all of us who are so inclined on Sunday evening might light a candle in memory of Ary and all those who are no longer with us. They are missed.

Nina

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

This is sad news. RIP Ary

The dead they sleep a long, long sleep;
    The dead they rest, and their rest is deep;
    The dead have peace, but the living weep.
    ~Samuel Hoffenstein

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what sad sad news, another dear friend gone. my heart is breaking.

may you find peace in your rest Ari. I am convinced that there is an afterlife and where ever you are may you find that there are many wonderful persons in this world who have fond memories of you . You are a child of the Universe and may God protect you for ever with his love..

all my love

Orangefatcat.

Nina what a great idea, to light a candle on Sunday for Ari.

• bavman
    bavman

I never met Putternut but I new him from the boards. I remember his art and "poetry" at Slippy's. He was very talented. I especially remember his "story". A story I could relate to as I am divorced from my JW ex-wife and I have a ten year old son I fight to stay close with. I read his posts about his daughters with keen interest. I hope to avoid losing my son to the cult but yeah never know. My cousin "the apostate" killed himself as well a few years back. I understand the pain. I will miss Putternut....

RIP......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit