Sad news from Maui

by Makena1 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

I just wanted to add that in several conversations with Ary he expressed much pain because his daughters would not speak to him. One daughter was newly married and he told me with anguish on his face "I don't even know her new last name." He also shared that he wanted to visit his mother in Europe and her response was "if you are not a Jehovah's Witness don't bother". Shunning is such a powerful tool, it can cut you to the heart. That sums up how I now feel about the witnesses...they are not a harmless religion, that "works" for those that need rigid rules in their lives...it's a destructive cult that causes loss of self worth to the point of desperation that lead Ary to him taking his own life.... Just like our precious 21 year old daughter did seven years ago when the elders threatened to disfellowship her. That's what makes it especially painful for me, another precious life made to feel so separated from our source and loving co-creator. sabine/js

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm so sorry, what a shame.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Makena: It is a totally harsh religion......WE feel so bad for the pain that you and Sabine have went thru. It is horrendous indeed. WE feel so bad that Ary had to go to the depths to free himself because of a painful, hateful,unloving religion.

Remember that NOdenial and I and care greatly about you and think about you during this painful time. NOBODY should have to go thru this pain.

much love,

Codeblue and NOdenial

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Such sad news, I'm really sorry to hear it. It's such a loss, such a shame. He seemed to have so much going for him, wow you just never really know do you?

Hugs to you and Sabine Mak, I know this must stir up old raw emotions in you both, sigh......words escape me, just know you are loved and thought of often.

Kate

• greendawn
    greendawn

So this is another victim of the cult apart from those that die because of the blood policy some also end up committing suicide because of the emotional anguish created by the unchristian policies of this criminal organisation.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Mak, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. God I hate this cult!!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That is so sad. I didn't know him and feel for those of you who did.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

May Ary rest in peace!

I really enjoyed reading his posts when I first came to JWD. When he moved to Hawaii, I thought he would be very happy. The JW religion has a lot of bloodguilt to answer for.

He was a very talented artist too! If anyone has a link to his web site, could you please show some of the newer people on JWD what they have missed?

Thanks,

HappyDad

• Mary
    Mary

That is so sad. Depression can really overwhelm a person. I hope he is at peace.

• Princess
    Princess

I'm so sorry to hear this. I found a picture of Seattle Nice Guy with Ari and myself at a 'fest in Seattle. I only met him the one time, but he was such a nice man.

Can someone remind me of his screen name? I know a lot of people aren't remembering who Ari is because they know him only by his screen name.

Thank you for posting this Mak.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit