Elder Alert!!!!!

by flag 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I really do not think they are going to df you.

do not say anything that can be expained as apostacy. Be friendly and say something like you do not feel so well lately. Promise yo come more maybe. like that.

Here ; ; is ; the ; best ; " No mans land/ no watchtower ; rules"

meeting ; I ; ever have !!! ; I cannot get ; away from those ; "meetings" ; ; This ; is ; like ; EXTASY ; x10) ; !!!

==== ;

think: 200+ post with about the same contence. Nothing usefull, nothing positive. No offence intended

• flag
    flag

I think I'm more affraid of myself. Because I don't know how to fake and I think I wont be able to control myself on not telling him that I lost my faith and that I felt dissapointed of have been wasting 25 years of my life.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Your husband may be correct about the two years. Since you have been attending without him though, it may take less time than that.
    You should probably tell the elder that you have been having health issues, maybe throw around the word "menopause" or some other female trouble, (fibriods, endometriosis, and "prolapse" are also good ones. Prolapse has the added benefit of "making it difficult for you to sit for any length of time,")
    DON'T speak of doubts. Maybe play it cool by attending once in awhile, then gradually make it less and less...
    The elder is probably sincerely concerned about you, especially if he really likes you. But if you express any thoughts about the JWs not having the "truth," it will turn into a free-for-all.

• flag
    flag

Thanks Odrade,

I think that menopause thing is a good idea.

I was thinking also to tell him that I may go to meetings but to a different cong.

I'm also concerned on how my kids will take it. they already know that I'm not going to the meetings any more and I don't want them to perceive me as weak if I gave up to pressure and start going again even if sporadicly.

excuse my grammar / but english is not my first language.

• skyman
    skyman

Remember this: do not say anything like I do not feel like going to the meetings right now or maybe I'll start going back in the future. This is all they need to announce you from the platform that you no longer are recognized as a JW.

This has happen many, many times lately. When the Elders have been asked why was the they make this announcement some have been told "you said at this time you are going to go to the meetings", in the future when you want to come back we will be here to help you. The Elders right now have pressure from the Society to Shepard the flock and the best way to get the flock back in line is with fear.

• flag
    flag

Skyman, your suggestion is good.

I know now what not to say but, can you give me some good frases to say?

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is your key reason you are not interested in going any more? The closer you are to the truth, the more convincing you will be. You don't have to dump all your reasons on him, this might just be a guilt-visit and you can thank him for his time and send him on his way. But if he does go fishing, sometimes just saying enough to set of "apotate alert" bells might scare him off.

For instance, if it is the old-light-new-light back and forth of the Governing Body that bothers you most, say simply that you are "struggling" with the "changing light" of the society and you need "more time" to think and pray things through.

If he mentions not forsaking the gathering together, thank him for his concern and tell him he's welcome to come over for dinner any time.

• skyman
    skyman

This works just say you are going throw some tough times in your life right now and are confused tell him thanks him for the concern. Do not agree no matter how hard it is to get more help from the Elders. I personally would not show up at the meeting. I would not answer my phone and if I did and and Elder was on the phone I would hang up. They can not do anything to you unless you give them something. They will get what they need if you talk to them I guarantee you.

• flag
    flag

My key reason is the 1914 generation, the Hypocrisy of the members and the WT materialism

• flag
    flag

Thanks skyman, I see your point now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit