the seven year itch

by Crumpet 125 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2
    Sounds like you've got some bad times ahead. Keep your head clear and look after Crumpet. We're all batting for you here (whichever team you choose!).

Ditto!

Oh, and sass, "Oh crumpet, here you are with your heart breaking and some little cauliflower-eared nerd calls you on how you think you might like girls??" LMAO! Nice! (Sorry, PBJ, that just made me laugh.)

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

awww see Crumpie there is a nice comment from Sass

How did a nice girl like you get caught up in a messy thread like this.

Love ya

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

"Cauliflower eared nerd" giggle.....ok I couldnt help myself

Kaylen of the "bat for any time you like" class

• lola28
    lola28

***licks Kaylen and Crumpet***

Sorry for the way your thread ended up Crumpy, I know this must not be a good time for you, just know that we are all here for you whenever you need to vent.

lola

• damselfly
    damselfly

7 pages of troll later, lets get back to crumpet shall we?

Has anyone else broken up a relationship after a long time and what were the results? Did you get back together?

Yes, and no. I dated my ex husband for 2 years ( from 16-18 ) lived together for a few years more and were married for 3 years. Total time together was almost 9 years. The last year of our marriage was horrible, we didn't speak for weeks at a time and when we did talk it was more fighting then anything. We separated with his idea that we would date around and then get back together. That separation was the best thing for us, it made us realize that we are much better friends then lovers. We still talk on the phone frequently and email back and forth but there is no desire on either end to get together.

Best of luck to you crumpet. Like you, I was the little lost girl that he liked to protect, once I was able to take care of myself it changed the relationship dynamics. We had come together out of a mutual need to be taken care of, when we were able to take care of ourselves the relationship died because it wasn't needed. We grieved over that but knew we had to move on in order to grow as people.

Dams

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Here, dear heart. I hope these will bring a smile to your lovely face.

• slugga
    slugga

I would just like to register my disgust at how this thread developed into a brawl - to the fundies and bigots out there, if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crumpet,

Back to the matter at hand.

I was with my Ex for nearly 7 yrs, it was a stormy relationship and we were always splitting up and getting back together again. The longest period was 3 months. In that time we'd both gone out and seen different people and in doing so grown as individuals. When we eventually did get back together we found that we were both different and something had changed. I likened our relationship to that of a broken vase that had been stuck back together again. To the casual observer it looked alright but up close it was covered in cracks and you could see the glue. That relationship was never the same after those 3 months, I'd had a taste of freedom, I knew that I could be happy with someone else and I knew that the best days of our relationship were well and truly over. We were just going through the motions, too scared to spit, too scared of being on our own.

Things went from good to bad to worse and eventually I jumped ship.

Life's too short to spend it in a loveless relationship and you are way to pretty to be wasting your life like that. If you are really really sure its over then move on.

Matt

• trevor
    trevor

Crumpet

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. For a long time your posts have indicated that something is missing from your present relationship.

It seem you have reached the point where you both have to redefine the basis of your relationship or move on. I hope you can decide what is best and find the happiness you deserve.

All the Best

Trevor

• Brigid
    Brigid

Crumpet luv,

Hang in there. I'm at the 5 year itch myself. We're staying together out of convenience and platonic love. I really respect him and that does not come easily for me--love? In a heartbeat. But respect--very few people do I truly respect. We have a child as well. We had our big discussion yesterday (there was a nasty astro vibe where Saturn opposed the Sun--logical explanation for everything ya know?).
    We're both business people so we've concluded that we will run our house and parenting like a business. We now have 3 corporations (our two mutual ones and the one of raising children). Now that the pressure's off---whew!! relief. No silly romantic expectations.

It's hard to explain when you still love one another but just don't want to be together. I think the whole pairing up for life thing and being either in one camp or the other is becoming an evolutionary thing of the past. As women have more access to goods, etc. we no longer need to enslave the male hunter/warrior for life to raise our kidlets! ; )

Love,

~Brigid

p.s.As long as you're going to Texas with Arrowstar, you gals fly on up to Colorado--we'll get Rocky Mountain High together (all Texans love the Rockies! I'm a Texas transplant myself!)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

See there!! Now then once you get to Texas, we'll go to Colorado!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit