Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Jojo, my wify has some dub screen saver with nasty pics of beasts and armageddon scenarios with captions such as..."Did you study the bible today? Did you prepare for this weeks meetings"?...etc.

Most church's in their artwork at least have positive pictures and paintings, instead of threats of consequences if your not a good witness such as in the witness artwork.

Gumby

• moshe
    moshe

Hasn't modern history recorded human moral crimes on a scale that dwarfs the crimes of ancient men? Why has G-d failed to intervene in modern times? Did he really do so in the past? Where was G-d when millions of Jews were being eterminated in WWII ?

peace,

Moshe

• Shazard
    Shazard

Seems like somebody can't distinguish between "change of nature" and "change of mind" :) First learn basic language and idioms then start to read Old Testament :)

• jojochan
    jojochan

I guess the more creepier pics are indeed the paradise pics, the people in it are too happy, they look like they are on nitrus, or zoloft, I know, my dad is on that. He looks just like those pics in the middle of the day. Also to note; do you have a paradise pic that has the sun in it? Because I have'nt seen one yet, or is it because I'm not looking right?

Kind of makes ya wonder?

jojochan.

• Flash
    Flash
    Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

Yes, I think He does and your Genesis example is clear proof for those willing to see it for what it is. I think as humans we have elevated God beyond what He really is. That fact we are 'made in His image' has meaning (I believe) that goes much deeper than humanity up until this time has been willing to consider.

Why does a perfect God change his mind about how to deal with us when we have not changed?

The question is "Why do we attribute so much to being perfect?" Perfection is the flawless ability to remain within Law, that is to not sin, to not commit lawlessness. I have not seen anywhere in the Bible where it stated that being perfect makes it impossible for us (or God) to make a less ideal choice or a mistake. If a perfect individual is doing something for the very first time or learning something new, why do we assume it will be flawlessly executed with NO ROOM for improvement the first and every time? Where then is there room for personal growth for us, the Angels and yes, even for GOD??

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    god said because man was evil his whole life, he wouldn't drown him ever again. He never said he wouldn't bury, burn, or crush anyone......he only said he wasn't gonna drown them.

Yep, he said he wasn't going to drown them. And he gave them a real pretty rainbow to remember that promise by. But he pulled a fast one and got technical on mankind later on. Technically, he keeps his promise to Noah and his family. He really isn't going to drown the whole earth again. Nooo, he's just going to send in the angels for a Friday the 13th sequel to end all sequels. A technicality, plain and simple.

I was talking to Andy just the other day and I said, "Andy, I think what we have is a Save-A-Lot store world here. We live in the Save-A-Lot world. We live in the generic drug world. We live in the seconds or irregulars world. Some other lucky stiffs get to live in the Fancy Grocery Store world. You know, the name brand Rx drug world. We have name brand items and drugs in our universe and we have knock offs and generic versions. And I don't know about you, but I think real Advil works way better than Equate (Wal-mart) Ibuprophen brand. We are the look almost alike, but slightly inferior world. That's why our earth is so #$%^*& up."

Andy said my generic world sounds like the gnostic christian world mentioned in the booklet Jehovah Unmasked. In that booklet, we see Jehovah as a lesser god, not as The GOD. Jehovah makes the world but it's not perfect because he's a lesser god. Then he gets very pissed when those pesky ungrateful humans don't worship only him. He does all sorts of mean, nasty things to them when they even hint to disobey him. He's an agry, jealous, tantrum throwing god.

Jehovah's not at all like the god mentioned at 1 John 4:8: "He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love." 1 Corinthians 13:4 says that love is not jealous. If God is love and love is not jealous, then Jehovah cannot be the real God of love. He's a knock off god who made a knock off world.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Hey, everyone has an off day .......

And .. well ... hello Ms. Flying !!! it's always a pleasure !

Rub a Dub

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    And .. well ... hello Ms. Flying !!! it's always a pleasure !

Rub a Dub

Hi ya, Rub.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Funny, I was just discussing this today with another JWDB member...We are thinking (at least me) are thinking that God is able to make decisions that are not the way he would have done them back then and improve on them. He can regret a decision..and improve with age just like us and make better decisions as time goes by. But still he's much higher than us. But still can learn and grow...like us.... That's what I've been thinking..

• gumby
    gumby
    But still he's much higher than us. But still can learn and grow...like us.... That's what I've been thinking..

Star....you could be correct. Whatever God, gods, creator , aliens, whatever that is resposible for our being.....could certainly be learning from its creation. The bible god is claimed to know all yet gets himself into a binds from bad decisions constantly.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit