Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Genesis 6:5-7, 8:21
    God decides to send a great flood to kill all humans, save Noah and his family, because man's heart is evil. "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.... And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth."

Later, after the flood waters recede, God promises never to do it again because man's heart is evil. "And the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done."

Why should our evil imaginations first doom us and then save us? Why does a perfect God change his mind about how to deal with us when we have not changed?

Did it take a flood and the wiping out of mankind for god to figure out he blew it? If he didn't blow it, then why did he say what he did and why the slaughter in the first place if he already knew man was evil and it was useless to kill em all cuz they'll just do it again if you give em a fresh new start?

Gumlifejacket

• Rook
    Rook

I believe God has a plan for everything and in his discretion, He will do whatever. Knowing that we all are weak and would fail He sent his only Son to fix it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Gumby,

I think this is just the point of the whole Flood story (nothing more than a story, remember), at least from the "Yahwistic" perspective which is not devoid of humour. Imo this inclusio (antithetical uses of the same expression in the introduction and conclusion) is not here by chance.

The world and mankind, between creation and uncreation (= the Flood), ultimately stand for no reason; they could just as well not be. Call that nonsense or grace, it is the same thing. Or the same nothing.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Does not this account prove that the Witless idea of the paradise on earth, after all wicked mankind is destroyed to be false. After all if God says he wont do destruction of this scale again, that kinda flies in the face of the way the WTS presents their unique interpretation doesn't it?

• gumby
    gumby
    After all if God says he wont do destruction of this scale again, that kinda flies in the face of the way the WTS presents their unique interpretation doesn't it?

Cyberdyne, Doncha see.....god said because man was evil his whole life, he wouldn't drown him ever again. He never said he wouldn't bury, burn, or crush anyone......he only said he wasn't gonna drown them.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    "Yahwistic"

lol.

gumby,

strictly speaking, no. you know what i think about him. if he doesn't exist, then the bad descisions in the OT are a humorous glimpse into the minds of the ancient writers.

TS

• gumby
    gumby
    if he doesn't exist, then the bad descisions in the OT are a humorous glimpse into the minds of the ancient writers.

TS,

I'm thinkin the ancient writers had a much better quality of GreenBud than we now have. I'm pretty sure they used goat shit for fertilizer instead of bat poop like we use. Goat shit.....that's the ticket!!!!!!

Gumby.....who still ain't twisted one up yet this mornin

• wombat
    wombat

Gumby...That is such a cool picture.

If the WTS had any sense they would print them as posters. Publishers would be guaranteed a sale every time a young male teenager answered the door.

• gumby
    gumby

Wombat,

What is ridiculous is the fact that the society in these types of Armageddon pictures.... always have people kiiling each other DURING Armageddon! If you or I or anyone else was in a catastrophy as pictured above, that last thing we'd be doing is trying to slice someones throat as that picture showed. My arse would be hunkered down behind a trash bin and I'd be scared shitless........let alone tanglin with someone out in the middle of the road with debrie falling all around me.

Gumby

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

"Then Gods said, "let us make man in our image."" Big mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit