Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Trojan
    Trojan
    How did you get out of work or field service this morning? Just kidding. I was thinking about your situation and hope you can find a minimally painful way out.

I didn't make it......oh, sorry. You see, the "nice thing" about "privileges" is that you can get away with many things that the "regular publisher" can't.....(I hate to see that as I write this.....)

Thanks serendipity for your lovely message. I hope too I can find a way out.....

kaput: LOL. Yes Wes Craven is a child compared to this speakers! I would hate to see a horror movie done by them. We had this other elder give a talk, 3 months ago, at our hall and he started his talk with a vivid descripiton of what I call "The day after".

".....then you see one arm coming under tons of debris....and you recognize it is Brother X....you barely manage to see his golden watch on his wrist.....and you remember that the past few months he had spent lots of time on his secular work and missing the meetings....now here he his Brother X...dead and his watch is of no value to him and everlasting life..."

It sent chills over the spine.....but foremost it made me furious! How could this guy stand there and invent this scenes out of some horror movie and say they're true, biblical....I almost wanted to go on stage on drag him down in midst of his talk....kicking him out of the KH. Really.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But still he's much higher than us. But still can learn and grow...like us.... That's what I've been thinking..

Star....you could be correct. Whatever God, gods, creator , aliens, whatever that is resposible for our being.....could certainly be learning from its creation. The bible god is claimed to know all yet gets himself into a binds from bad decisions constantly.

Gumby

Yeah, like he learned that drowning people wasn't as much fun as sending angels to slaughter them individually or in small groups. Better to chase people around, stalk them like prey and then torture them, burn them, drop boulders on them etc.

This line of reasoning sounds like the Nazis' trial and error when figuring out the most efficient way to exterminate and dispose of the Jews and the inferiors, while still being able to add some torture in there for entertainment. C'mon, how the hell can anyone believe a benevolent god could progress and evolve in his ways of disposing of puny little humans?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Something else to add to the above comment: a lot of Christians believe that God will destroy the earth and the bad people with fire at the end of the world. That certainly reminds me of the final conclusion the Nazis came to when they decided that cremation was the most efficient way to dispose of the bodies of the holocaust victims.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Star....you could be correct. Whatever God, gods, creator , aliens, whatever that is resposible for our being.....could certainly be learning from its creation. The bible god is claimed to know all yet gets himself into a binds from bad decisions constantly.

Gumby

See my above comment on Jehovah and his generic, inferior world and the gnostic Christian beliefs.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Genesis 6:5-7, 8:21God decides to send a great flood to kill all humans, save Noah and his family, because man's heart is evil.

What?

I don't believe it.

Do you mean to tell me that this guy, God, decides to kill most living thing on the planet, including newborn humans and animals, and then claims that man's heart is evil. He then does it, but claims that it is man's heart that it is evil, but not his?

sheeeees...

Like Hitler calling Mother Theresa of Calcutta evil!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    What? It's not permissible for a guy to screw up once in a while?

What a "perfect" being?

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit