Does God make Mistakes or Bad Decisions?

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ringo5
    ringo5

Yikes, Those pics do bring back some memories. But it's funny that there was for me and probably a lot of dubs a kind of disconnect that goes along with imagining this kind of killing and destruction. It's like you don't really feel any empathy for them if you are already seeing them as dead in God's eyes.
    I can remember reasoning we don't want to be like Lot's wife looking longingly back at the thing's in the world, including all those people judged as BAD in Jehober's eyes.
    As far as his promise for no more floods, I'll submit this as a typical dub answer: He didn't really need to kill off all his creation, just the people who were eating and drinking, that was his only regret...

P.S. I can actually remember joking about that one pic...

we thought it looked like John Lithgow in the bottom left and Will Smith in the bottom right

Now it turns my stomach....

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

Gods an ass hole... plain and simple.... he doesnt make bad decisions, hes just like a little kid enthralled in a terminator movie... sure some ppl are dying, and some others are being dismembered... BUT ITS COOL!!! god is entertained by our strife, sadistic bastard!

the infamous one

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

What eh... very charming pictures you all got there....
    Look at how much the Watchtower loves other churches... ^^^

Evanescence

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The Bible is not the story of God. The Bible is the story of man's reaction to God.

The world and mankind are constantly changing, not God.

Evanescence

• gumby
    gumby
    The Bible is not the story of God. The Bible is the story of man's reaction to God.

Not according to those who are reported to have authored some of it's contents....like Paul. According to him it wasn't his interpretation of how he views god. According to him he had a close encounter with christ himself with physical bright light, blinding him, and a direct conversation. So did Moses. So did Abraham. Abraham ate a meal with god...(see Gen: 18) These weren't 'reactions' according to believers. These things REALLY happened.

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

As a side point....one poster in a PM mentioned the guy at the bottom left looked a bit like Raymond Franz and noted it wouldn't be beyond the Watchtower to do so. Look again

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    These things REALLY happened.

I agree

My point is its not God that changes its mankind that changes.

Evanescence

• gumby
    gumby
    My point is its not God that changes its mankind that changes.

If god says he's going to do something....then changes his mind....how is it you say god doesn't change his mind? His mind CAN be changed. Abraham changed gods mind into waiting till Abraham could find any rightous men in all of Sodom. God WAS going to snuff them immediently, but Abraham BOUGHT some time. Isn't that changing gods mind.....even temporarily in that particular case?

Gumby

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Abraham changed gods mind into waiting till Abraham could find any rightous men in all of Sodom. God WAS going to snuff them immediently, but Abraham BOUGHT some time. Isn't that changing gods mind.....even temporarily in that particular case?

It was because of God's mercy and patience that Abraham was able to do that, it also showed a great message in the bible that at the time there was not many righteous people.

Evanescence

• gumby
    gumby

He ALSO changed his mind when Aaron talked him out of incinerating the rebels at the golden calf scene.

Gumarguer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit