Would you???

by BlessedStar 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

AA: what would YOU do if Allah were to pop down in your midst and demand to know why you haven't accepted the Islamic faith?

I would say:

You sent Mohammed as a prophet to us and he told us that Jesus was a prophet. But if Mohammed said that prophets do not lie then why would Jesus lie?

If you were a god of peace how come you demand holy war? How can a war be holy?

BlessedStar

• rebel8
    rebel8

hmmm.....when did Mohammed request a holy war? I thought that was the Muslim fundies....

What would you do or say to Jesus if you now know He is true?

I'd say, hey Big J. I've lived a meaningful, purposeful, good life. What should I do next? And I'll betcha his answer will be, "Just keep on doing the same things you've been doing. You've done a great job!"

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Of all the things you guys have read about Jesus and His teachings, I'm sure you cannot find any fault or cause for Him to have been crucified in that manner. Jesus was sinless.

BlessedStar

• jgnat
    jgnat

BlessedStar, your original question has too many assumptions to provide a meaningful answer. You assume you know everyone's final destination. Since I enjoy a daily walk with Jesus, my answer would be moot. I must be listening and responding daily, otherwise what kind of Christian am I?

This is my favorite so far:

I would ask him to deport all JW elders to Baffin Island.

Baffin Island is so beautiful this time of year. http://jdc.math.uwo.ca/images/baffin/baffin.html

• daystar
    daystar

Blessedstar

Of all the things you guys have read about Jesus and His teachings, I'm sure you cannot find any fault or cause for Him to have been crucified in that manner. Jesus was sinless.

ROFL! You should read some of the holy books the Council of Nicea chose not to let the public in on and the dead sea scrolls. They give a very different account of how nice of a guy Jesus was in his early years.

Jesus was not sinless. The very fact that he was born in the flesh denies that he was sinless, according to the Bible.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Daystar do you think the pope is infallible?

BlessedStar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Daystar Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit. Mary is human yes, that is true, however she was a virgin as "she did not know a man" which means she did not have sex with a man thus Jesus' birth was an exceptional one. He was born via the seed of a woman - a virgin.

BlessedStar

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thank you, BStar. Good answers, I too have wondered why religion and violence tend to go together.

If you were a god of peace how come you demand holy war? How can a war be holy?

That would be a question for the god of the old testament as well. If you're a trinitarian, then I guess it's a question for Jesus.

Dave

• daystar
    daystar
    Daystar do you think the pope is infallible?

Of course not. How ridiculous.

• daystar
    daystar

Daystar Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit. Mary is human yes, that is true, however she was a virgin as "she did not know a man" which means she did not have sex with a man thus Jesus' birth was an exceptional one. He was born via the seed of a woman - a virgin.

Yet, he was still born into the flesh and flesh is the source of sin. It was never said that sex caused the sin in flesh. Her virgin state (doubtful really) also does not exclude Jesus from the sin of his flesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit