Would you???

by BlessedStar 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Assuming that he is in human form, I would shake his hand , tell him I loved most of what he had said the last time he came. Then ask him to explain the rest of it.

And ask him why he did not succeed in having one clear message for mankind . Because we could not follow what we did not understand ...

If he still zaps me with a thunderbolt, well , thats life !.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    And ask him why he did not succeed in having one clear message for mankind . Because we could not follow what we did not understand ...

..yes. Saying that those who do not submit will be tortured forever and ever (even John Wayne Gacy eventually killed those he sadistically tortured) is likening Jesus' words in the bible as a "Requiremento" of sorts: believe or face unspeakable torture (but the conquistadores who implemented the requiremento eventually murdered many of those they made suffer).

So some followers of Jesus believe that if we do not submit -- that Jesus will send us to a place where we will be tortured gruesomely (much like a serial killer inflicts horrific injuries on its victims) not for an hour, not for a week, not even for a year, or a lifetime, but for all of eternity.

Sounds pretty sick to me. But to each, their own.

If Jesus came... if Jesus came -- I am sure he would enlighten me -- as to why so many of those who have taken up his banner seem to especially relish this particular belief.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why would a God of love have people burning in Hell????!!!!!!

He woudn't. That's why Jesus came to the earth to take the sin we were born with upon Himself. He faced the wrath of God for us so that we will not have to. We can't do anything in or of ourselves to gain everlasting life. It is a free gift. If you want Jesus in your life He will come into it. If you don't want Jesus in your life that is your choice and your right to reject Him.

• undercover
    undercover

"Where the hell ya been, ya damn hippie?"

• jah1914
    jah1914

I wouldn't ask him anything. I would just prepare to die and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

BlessedStar - I noticed you never answered AlmostAtheist question. What if Allah came to you and was real, what would you ask him?

• startingover
    startingover

Blessed Star

Put me on the list of those wondering what you would do if Allah came to you.

Thanks Dave for putting things in perspective.

Steve

Still chuckling about the Jesus H Christ question.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ask him where we can find the books of early Christianity that were lost, so that we can solve many questions on that part of history.

• watson
    watson

ROTFLMAO

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

most will burn in hell!!) SAYS WHO?

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I'd ask him what he did with the first 30 years of his life. Then ask how hanging out with Buddha is, and if he's learned to reach enlightenment yet. If he had reached enlightenment, I might want to hear what he has to say. Otherwise, he's just another plain old Xitian with issues and tissues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit