Would you???

by BlessedStar 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

You've heard about Jesus.

You've choosen to believe or not to believe.

You've accepted Jesus or you haven't.

Let's say Jesus came down now for His people.What would you do or say to Jesus if you now know He is true?

(Keeping in mind that God is the Judge and some people will go to heaven and most will burn in hell!!)

BlessedStar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Is this a tough question for you?

Blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Is this question too scary for you or you just never thought of it?

BlessedStar

• slugga
    slugga

I'd ask Jesus why all those people had to suffer, just so that god could prove a point

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Assuming I could compose myself in front of a creature with both the will and the power to destroy me, I'd like to know why he expected blind faith of me. All the physical evidence suggests he's not there. All the terrible things that happen on the earth that he could have prevented -- natural disasters in particular -- that he allowed, suggest that he's not there. All my prayers that were not answered even when I believed, suggest he's not there.

The Bible has a questionable past, contradicts itself in many places, elevates men that committed murder and incest while condemning men that broke petty rules about the sabbath or touching the ark. This is not a book that on its face suggests I should take it seriously. Why is he now condemning me on the basis of my faith in this book?

Of course, based on the Bible, I would assume he'd simply have me eaten up with worms where I stood, or rot out my eyeballs as I screamed, or something equally hideous.

It would be an interesting meeting, I'm sure.

Dave

• daystar
    daystar
    Let's say Jesus came down now for His people. What would you do or say to Jesus if you now know He is true?

I'll assume your premise is true for the sake of argument.

"Dude, look how badly your message was corrupted by your 'followers'. Wars, hatred, deception, all in your name..." and "Now that your first attempt failed so badly, what would you do differently if you had it to do all over?"

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i'd ask him to turn my bottle of water into wine

and everything that AA said. hit it right on the nail dude!

luv, jojo

• calico
    calico
    (Keeping in mind that God is the Judge and some people will go to heaven and most will burn in hell!!)

Why would a God of love have people burning in Hell????!!!!!!

I've heard this garbage from my grandma my whole life--it's really nice to have your grandma tell you that you will burn in hell!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I would ask him to deport all JW elders to Baffin Island.

W

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Turnabout being fair play and all, BStar, what would YOU do if Allah were to pop down in your midst and demand to know why you haven't accepted the Islamic faith?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit