Dad very seriously ill..... How did I find out?

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest social family

• bem
    bem

((((((Sherry)))))) I'm sorry for the way you found out about your dad being ill, Take care and get well soon

~ Dorothy

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Sherry))))) I'm so sorry. I know you're hurting.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Sorry to hear about it as well Sherry. And the really sick part of the whole thing is that it would've been legit family business to inform you about your Dad. But then, the pharisaical attitude of many Dubs never ceases to astound me.
    Forscher

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ahhh, Sherry, I am so sorry that you've had to deal with this emotional pain, along with the bodily pains you are going thru.........I was just telling another XJW that every time I talk with MY mom, who is still a JW, I am conscious that they may change the rules yet again and we will be incommunicado..........my mom has terminal heart problems........she has a pacemaker and could go at any moment..........I do understand your sadness and I'm sorry.........

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((((Gretchen)))))))))))))

(((((((((Mouthy))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((everyone who has a f*cked up family relationship thanks to this wacky ass man made religion!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well today I sent my dad flowers. I didn't make the shunning rules, they did.

Sherry

• unique1
    unique1

Sorry you had to find out that way. I hope you are able to see him when you recover. Perhaps he will have a change of heart.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't get around as much as I used to, but I am sorry to hear this Sherry. I'm reaching the age where my body is beginning to misbehave.

It has been my experience that those who live for the promise of tomorrow do so because there is something about today they cannot deal with. This, to me at least, is one of the more damaging aspects of Jehovah's Witnesses who use this against those who have no defense.

Live your life according to your own set of right and wrong. In the end it doesn't make the pain go away but it does help alleviate guilt and responsibility for that which doesn't belong to you.

Be well

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Sherry, I am so sorry, what an awful way to find out

This religion is so totally screwed up

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

((((((((Sherry)))))))))))))) I am sooooo sorry.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit