Dad very seriously ill..... How did I find out?

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest social family

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Sherry, I hope you and your dad are much better very soon.

CountryGuy

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

((((Sherry))))

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard an experience like this. Better yet, I wish I never heard any experiences like this. F*cked indeed!

Sorry you're sick, too! :-(

Dave

• Bryan
    Bryan

Sorry to hear it Sherry.

and hope you get to feeling better!

Bryan

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Sherry))))

What news to have to hear from someone other than your mother. Do you have any plans to confront her about it? It baffles me when it comes to serious illness that even this does not stop some people from shunning their family members... When you think you would most want to be in touch with them.

I'm so sorry to hear about it darl...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

So sorry, Sherry

I hope you get to feeling much better very soon now

~Merry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks, everyone. I mostly just wanted to vent because of the stupidity of it all. My parents have been estranged for so long, and our relationship prior to that was so damaged that this isn't like losing a beloved family member. However, its a sad waste, when you think about it. My parents spent their lives enthralled in this religion and they really don't have a lot to show for it. Not that they care, exactly, they always did live for the "new order." Boy will they be surprised!

Sherry

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sherry I hope you will be on the mend real soon... Also rotton news about your Dad. I am 79 also & over Christmas I was so ill. thought I was going to "kick the bucket" My Daughter Sue( who is not d/f or d/a is good to me) called my JW daughter & told her i was sick.... She didnt even bother.to ask any thing about me & of course has not inquired since.... But I should not wonder about it. Because my Grand-daughter told me along time ago she was praying I would die before Armeggedon then I would get a resurrection ... That is the love of the "Christian"(cough!cough!choke choke ) Jehovahs Witness....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    My parents spent their lives enthralled in this religion and they really don't have a lot to show for it.

And as time goes by they will have even less to show for it. When they outlive their usefulness to the congregation they will find themselves discarded for the most part. Dubs do not have time to care for those who fall by the wayside. They are too busy with the good news™ preaching to care or notice. This is the time when many elderly dubs suddenly "remember" family that they have been shunning for years and try to make amends.

Take Care Sherry...POZ

• EC
    EC

(((Much love to you in your time of need!!!)))

• joelbear
    joelbear

Sherry, I'm sorry this happened to you. It hurts really bad. all you can do is realize that your mother is insane and try to forgive her for her sick behavior.

I hope your dad is okay and you get to visit him.

HUGS

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit