Dad very seriously ill..... How did I find out?

by Gretchen956 33 Replies latest social family

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First let me start off by saying I am very sick myself right now. I have a virus that settled in my nerves (very very painful and no it isn't herpes), and now two weeks in I caught a very bad upper respiritory bronchities. I spent my day in bed as I have been for most of two weeks now with no end in sight (dammit).. Not trying for sympathy points, but this just isn't a good time for this!

My third cousin and I have been best friends for going on 40 years almost. Her dad and mom were GOOD good friends with my parents. Her dad is right now dying of prostate cancer. She called me today, said her dad called her, he had heard from my mom that my dad had had three strokes (he'll be 79 in March). Although he isn't critical, he can't walk, etc., and is completely bedridden.

Now you know and I know that my mom could have called me about his had she wanted to. But she wanted to get that extra dig in by having it filter down as it did.

This religion is so f*cking f*cked.

Well, I'm preaching to the choir.

Good night!

Sherry

• JeffT
    JeffT

That hurts, I'm sorry you have to be put through this. You'd think that a real religion would teach that differences should be put aside for family going through hard times.

But, as you noted, not this religion.

• Odrade
    Odrade

geez, that's just wrong.
    Hope you get on the road to good health again quick! And I hope your dad recovers too, as much as possible.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So much for Christian Love and talking to family in serious situations

(((Gretchen)))

• Mr.Beaker
    Mr.Beaker

Hey Gretchen,

Obviously what youre going through is really terrible and for that to top it off would be hell. I agree that this religion really does separate families and friends and i dont agree with that at all, in fact as you say that side of things is f*cked. It has separated my family for the past 20 years and i am clearly now seeing that it does that.

I hope things are better for you soon, by the sounds of it they cant get a whole lot worse.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry to hear that Sherry.

I hardly heard about my JW father during the last few years of his life too (JWs being only one part of the issue I guess). Sadly one also gets used to that.

Get better soon.

• Sirona
    Sirona

((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Sorry you're not well and that you've had this news.

You are right that this religion is F**KED up.

Sirona

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi (((Sherry))),

Sorry to hear about the inhuman treatment you've received at the hands of "God's people." Best wishes for your health and that of your father.

SNG

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((((Sherry)))

It never ceases to amaze me the level of cruelty shown to family. I'm so sorry, hon.

Now, you lie down and I'll go make you some chicken soup. What else can I get for you, sweetie?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wish you get well soon, that JW treatment is indeed very extremist and unchristian and obviously done in a vindictive spirit despite what they claim.

All people should be warned about this policy before starting to associate with the dubs as they may well be themselves victimised later on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit