WALKING IN THE PATH OF INCREASING LIGHT - WT STUDY

by Mary 135 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

There are some interesting implications here.

It seems there is a consistent pattern. Big changes in doctrine (1914 generation - 1995, Any & all blood fractions acceptable, corporation changes - 2000) are preceded by "Look at all the wonderful new light" Watchtower study articles.

And, as pointed out in an earlier thread, this article is a recap of a talk presented at the 2005 DC.

So, it seems reasonable to conclude that (1) some sort of big change is coming, and (2) the powers that be have known about it for at least a year, back from whenever it was that they finalized the program for the 2005 DC. I.e., by the time the R&F learn whatever the "new light" is, it will have been "old news" to the power brokers for at least 18 months.

Imagine if the change is something that affects the R&F's life. Some new blood fraction is now acceptable? Restrictions on DFed person now a bit easier? Something along those lines?

How many persons will have suffered (died?) during those 18 months for a policy that is washed away by some "new light" article? All for something that the leadership "knew" was now "acceptable" to God, but based on previous understanding, was not acceptable?

Seems awfully heartless, if it iturns out to be something like that.

Of course, if it is a meaningless doctrinal change (maybe those folks from Sodom & Gomorrah won't be resurrected after all), then its no big deal. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what it is.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's like the yeartext for 1974 that said "If the fig tree fails to bloom . . ." This was decided on and printed in the Yearbook in 1973. Over two years before the end of 1975. They knew there wasn't going to be any end in 1975 when they printed that Year Text in 1973, but they still encouraged us to quit our jobs and work harder for them in the few remaining months.

New doctrines and practices are always introduced backwards. First the problems caused by the changes are addressed. Those are always the articles that don't make any sense. Then the authority to make the change is reestablished, then the flashing light article, then the change(s).

• steve2
    steve2
    I think that was when they decided that, instead of going to prison for refusing to go it the Army, brothers can now accept "alternative service" like the Amish or Seventh Day Adventists have long done. Gee, I'll be that was real conforting to those who went to prison in years past because the F&DS couldn't tune in to what Jehovah was saying.

Hey, Mary, I'm amazed by this change! I seem to have genuinely missed it. Thanks for the info. They certainly have become more like other religious groups and, contrary to their claims, there is not a widening difference between the JWs and the "world".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    It would certainly be a step in the right direction, but I would be shocked if they changed it. Forbidding JWs to converse with those who have left is the last strong hand the GB has to play. I can't see them folding.........but it would be nice.

I certainly hope this is what they plan - but like you , Mary, I can't really see them giving up this powerful control tool. To do that would indicate that they are letting love motivate. I have not seen them use love to motivate in the past.

Jeff

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

OK so my thought real quick; I posted something about 2034 possibly being the end, also mentioned here is something about 2014, I don't think that there would be an article about increasing light if they were just going to bring up a time of the end. I think there would be articles about prophecy or something.

I have no clue as to what doctrine change is in store, it does seem that way though from the way you guys are talking. I wonder also if it could be the preaching work, maybe it will become like the mormons where one can choose to be a minister and preach or one doesn't have to. The slowly changing of the requirements for all of the pioneering priviledges and so forth could be leading to this change. Just a thought.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I wonder also if it could be the preaching work, maybe it will become like the mormons where one can choose to be a minister and preach or one doesn't have to. The slowly changing of the requirements for all of the pioneering priviledges and so forth could be leading to this change. Just a thought.

Can't see that happening. The preaching work is the works oriented system used to judge and control the entire team of salesmen. They might as well just admit to being 'just another religion', one that actually derives it's theology from the idea of 'grace not works'. Never happen I fear.

Jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    this article is a recap of a talk presented at the 2005 DC

This actually goes all the way back to the 2004 DC (See my post above). They've been sitting on this for two years.

• steve2
    steve2

Come on people, we're apostates aren't we? Our usual standards appear to be slipping! Someone among us should have sources that reliably let us know well before the rank and file about changes that are coming up!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I always thought they could salvage their Anointed and "Other Sheep" doctrine by announcing that the final judgement has come, paradise is here (implemented slowly over the thousand year reign of course), and the preaching work switches to education so that "new ones" don't have to face final judgement and death. If people don't ACTUALLY live forever (lifespans being gradually increased over the thousand year reign), oh well, they weren't "perfected" enough.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

ok i think i have a few of the answers. as for 1976. it had to do with ray franz's research on the gb of bibicial times which hAD the gb changing to a more of a rotating committee . which in a sense took much power away from knorr and fred franz. as told in COC. 1919 HAS TO DO WITH THE SO CALLED CLEASNING OF THE FDS OR CHOOSING OF THEM BY JESUS. EVEN THOUGH THE WT WAS TEACHING THE OLD FDS WAS CHOOSEN IN 1878 TILL THE 1930-40'S In the 20's it was the change from 3 classes of christians. fds=144000 great crowd= non anointed jw's to also be in heaven. rev 7 and the other sheep were to be good hearted members of christiandom that were deluded by their pastors. but still would live on earth forever.. 1931 the change in name to jw's to distance from the bible students. which was a very hot debate in much of the 1920's wt mag's for the 1930's i would say the 1935 speech about 2 classes 144000 and other sheep. the great crowd is now out. as for the ? about the 1920's i can't think of a thing. that the wt still teaches from that time except. no holidays. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit