WALKING IN THE PATH OF INCREASING LIGHT - WT STUDY

by Mary 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm not betting on a change in the blood policy. The FDS doesn't work that fast, as it was just a few weeks ago that the "Big News" came out. Remember, news travels slow in JWland.

I'm thinking it either has something to do with the anointed, or preparing the flock for the year 2014 - 100 years since Satan was kicked out of heaven. If they don't come up with something reasonable, people are gonna say, "Hey, it's been 100 years and nothing's happened yet!"

You never know, they might boost up the year of significance (however, 1914 will still remain significant, but it will never be mentioned in their magazines again).

• Mary
    Mary
    what was the alternative service change in 1996?

I think that was when they decided that, instead of going to prison for refusing to go it the Army, brothers can now accept "alternative service" like the Amish or Seventh Day Adventists have long done. Gee, I'll be that was real conforting to those who went to prison in years past because the F&DS couldn't tune in to what Jehovah was saying.

Gumbers said: I'm betting on #1 and I'll put $20 bucks on it. Any takers?

I'm in Gumbo.......I'll bet you $20 that's they ain't changing the blood doctrine........if anything, maybe they'll change it so that you can now pioneer by getting 10 hours each month.

Anyway, I'll be expecting that $20.00 to be in U.S. funds when you have to pony up the dough. And will you be flying up here to give it to me, or shall I come down there to collect?

• gumby
    gumby

Nos,

The FDS doesn't work that fast, as it was just a few weeks ago that the "Big News" came out. Remember, news travels slow in JWland.

The FDS has been aware of their botched blood policies long before the big news came out. Remember Bulgaria and how they made it a conscience matter saying no reprocussions would come from a witness in that land were they to accept blood?

They are losing money over lawsuits and a change in policy could relieve that.....and they could STILL have their no blood policy written the same way they wrote the "voting is OK article" in ' 95. After stating no less than 6 times a witness could vote in good conscience..........to this day dubs STILL will not vote. They can have their cake and eat it too.

Mary.....just remember the bet is on Gary's pick of the 3 choices. My bet is only against the other two. Which one of the OTHER two are you betting on?

Gumby....who ain't fallin for Mary's shishter-like evil little tricks!!!!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

1. What have God's people experienced as a result of increased spiritual light from the Jehovah?

Pimples

2. What arrangment went into effect in 1919 and how was it beneficial?

Eskimo Pie invented. Everybody likes them.

3. In 1931, what resolution was adopted and how did that affect the Kingdom-proclamation work?

The name Jehovah's Nitwits adopted and later changed to "Witnesses".

4. In 1972 what arrangement was instituted and why was that an improvement?

The coffee table was put in the far corner and the lamp was placed more to the left. The results were stunning

5. What arrangement was implemented in 1976?

.The daisies were no longer allowed next to the geraniums and the baby's breath was done away with. The overall effect was resplendent.

What refinement was introduced in 1992 and why?

The Society had Kennedy shot and Franz was on the grassy knoll. Why, he was Catholic of course!

In the 1920s, how did Jehovah illuminate the path of his people doctrinally?

This was by means of several small strokes had by Freddie Franz. He keep the whole show going for years on that brain damage.

What doctrinal truths were clarified in the 1930s?

They learned that the great crowd is bigger than a little crowd. Also, the annointed are really, really special.

What increased light was shed in 1962?

Flouresent lights installed in Brooklyn Bethel, siezures ensue.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm re reading the Hosea three part articles. from Nov 15 05 WT. My guess it the organizational change will be related to reinstatement. Those Hosea articles were clues. That's why they were so confusing. Now we have more.
    My guess is there will be three changes. Reinstatement / shunning doctrine will be one.
    They're gonna change a long established rule. They are courting the older people and Brooklyn hopes they accept the change. They know they won't have any problem with the young people on this one. It's mostly about them.

The alternative military service rule used to be "substitution equals equivalency" and drafted Witness used to have to go to prison. That changed in May of 1996. Now Witnesses can serve alternative military service in jobs like hospitals without sanctions. Those who went to prison under the old rules did that of their own free will and they were told to take an attitude of being glad to have served their own consciences. I'm not personally aware of any revolts over this change.

• gumby
    gumby

Me thinks me should sneak in me wifes bookbag and read the article meself.

*starts ta worry bout his bet*

Gumby

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    That's exactly the kind of pre new light article they printed in the spring of 1995 before they dropped the bomb on the generation of 1914, the sheep and the goats, and the alternative service change in May of 1996. Me thinks changes are in the wind.

Gary is probably right here, IMO.

The series of articles in the May 15, 1995 Wt "Flashes of Light - Great and Small" did set up the witness ilk for a change in major doctrine in November. That was about six months in advance. I don't recall the DC themes for that year, but I bet they were geared to getting us ready to swallow hard in the fall.

Change in doctrine mustbe scary in Crooklyn now - thousands are streaming out - the ship is in tough waters - the must be atraid of what results will come by making any changes. I think they are damned if the do and damned if they don't.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    My guess is there will be three changes. Reinstatement / shunning doctrine will be one.

How do you think they will change this? Stop the practice of shunning? Stop the practice of disfellowhipping those who leave of free will? Make reinstatement easier? [That was alluded to on another thread this week]

Seems like there would have to be significant changes - not minor ones - for them to work this early to set it up.

Could anyone scan the article referred to in the initial post here? I would like to see it.

Jeff

• Terry
    Terry
    The alternative military service rule used to be "substitution equals equivalency" and drafted Witness used to have to go to prison. That changed in May of 1996. Now Witnesses can serve alternative military service in jobs like hospitals without sanctions. Those who went to prison under the old rules did that of their own free will and they were told to take an attitude of being glad to have served their own consciences. I'm not personally aware of any revolts over this change.

It churns my stomach.

I went to prison because of their stupid and incomprehensible "neutrality" doctrine in 1967. I have had so many

conversations with older JW's who DID NOT KNOW about this doctrine or policy!

My own (former) best friend who is still an active JW was under an impression that went like this:

Johnny: "What are you complaining about? Would you rather have gone to Viet Nam than prison?"

Me: "That wasn't the choice presented."

Johnny: "What do you mean? Sure it was. Being a JW saved your life and you should be grateful."

Me: "The contrary. My legal choice under law was to serve alternative service in a hospital. The law allows people with religious objections to keep a good conscience while substituting a service on behalf of others: the hospital work."

Johnny (aghast): "I didn't know that!!"

Me: "Being a JW in this instance meant I was NOT ALLOWED a good conscience by Watchtower Society. Instead, I was compelled to waste two years serving nobody; not even myself."

Johnny: "You served Jehovah! Jehovah knew you were doing it for him."

Me: "Funny you use an active verb like "doing". Languishing in prison is not "doing". It is the epitome of NOT doing."

Johnny: "You served as an example of obedience! You showed the draft board, the court, the prison officials how strong the faith a servant of Jehovah could be!"

Me: "The only reaction I got from those people on the draft board, the court and the prison was NON-COMPREHENSION as to what I was trying to achieve. It just looked to them as if I was trying to avoid serving my country in the army by pounding the bible and being a big know-it-all sissy under the cloak of "religious conscience"; it filled no one with respect for Jehovah. It convinced them that Jehovah's Witnesses are unreasonable martyr-mentality show offs."

Johnny: "Well, I didn't feel that way! I admired your stand."

Me: "So, my sole accomplishment, then, is that my best friend admired me. You--an already believing JW; while everybody else thought I was a religious fanatic nutcase. That is quite a trophy for me to feel good about."

Johhny: "The fact that the Society was willing to change shows that Jehovah is directing them. You had a test of your faith and you passed. No harm done."

Me: "Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Let's make a list, shall we?

1.I wasted two years better spent on education and serving my community. That would make me a more valuable person to myself, my family and to society.

2. I barely escaped being raped. I made friends with about 20 brothers inside prison NOT ONE of whom is still an active JW! My own family was stressed beyond measure at my predicament. Everything I learned inside is completely worthless today doctrinally and personally.

3.I discovered when I got out that not one JW in a hundred knows one-tenth of the actual doctrines held to be true by the Society; the average brother is just going through the motions. Nobody came to visit me from the congregation or even wrote me a letter. You yourself came to see me ONE TIME in two years!

4.The entire phoney doctrine of neutrality was a SECRET DOCTRINE! That meant the information about what I should do was communicated to me out of fear of the authorities! I'm the only one expected to take the fall while the higher-ups were playing "cover your ass". The only reason this policy changed is because the details became more and more publicized and embarassing.

5. There is a giant hole in the middle of my life about the size of those 2 years in Federal Prison. I can't go back and fix it. Putting a pretty ribbon on it is just indulging in wishful thinking. I'm sick of that mentality.

Johnny: "I think you're wrong. But, that's your choice. You CHOSE to do it."

Me: "Right, sure. I chose to do it. Was there an alternative service to Jehovah's alternative service? No! Their crazy policy was absolute and it was made clear that death at Armageddon was the other choice of service. Some choice."

Policy changes and "increasing light" are always the result of publicity and information promulgated by ex-JW's. The heat gets too hot for the upper eschelon members and the only way to relieve the pressure is to suddenly have a divine Epiphany.

Black is white, day is night, wrong is right: BE GRATEFUL!

That is the messege.

I say, "Ptooie!"

T

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've noticed that the Witnesses prefer to do things by the low road. If they have two choices, one honest and ethical, and the other sneaky and barely legal, they seem to prefer the barely legal. That's what they are doing to avoid paying tax on sold items. They disrupted their whole cash flow just to save a little work. They could just have every congregation get a sales tax license and just keep a file of a current sales tax exemption certificates like every other wholesale distribution company in the country.
    They took the low road in Mexico in order to own real estate there. They lie when it would be more beneficial to tell the truth like with the United Nations issue. They misrepresent medical facts in printed material. These are all examples of low road preference.

All their problems today that they are spending so much time dealing with, they have created themselves. They struggle so much because they are doing so many things wrong at once. I wonder if there enough pragmatists in power at Patterson now to start repairing some of the things that are broken. We'll see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit