WALKING IN THE PATH OF INCREASING LIGHT - WT STUDY

by Mary 135 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    It could be that they might no longer require the publishers to have to put reports in and count hours.

Once that goes, and the counting ends, no one will be able to put a statistic on how many active JWs there really are and the decline of the WTBTS will no longer be charted. I figure, they're already doctoring and massaging the true figures...so if it's getting that bad, it might be in their own interests to stop the count! They already know how bad their situation is. They don't want everyone else to know.

Brilliant Gill! That would be the perfect move for them. The could say it is another way of streamlining the program. I think the majority of the JWs would not protest this change...

cybs

• Mary
    Mary
    It could be that they might no longer require the publishers to have to put reports in and count hours.

Possibly, but then what percentage of Witnesses would simply never go out in Service again? I'd estimate at least 50%. And if they've got free time on their hands, God only knows what "mischief" they could get up to!! Why, they might have time to log on to the internet more frequently. And then of course, it's only a matter of time before they discover a site called JWD.

Plus, if they deleted the reporting time, as you say, most Witnesses wouldn't think too much of that. It certainly wouldn't cause many waves in the Organization and most would feel relieved. In other words, there would be little point to them doing a pre-brainwashing WT study to try and get everyone geared up for "New Light" if it was going to be something easy........My guess is that it's going to be something that's going to rattle everyone's chain----like it did in November 1995.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

As the elders say during pastoral visits "Brother xxxxx how can we help you, or what can we do for you"?

Pastoral visits actually exist? I haven't had one since I stopped going to meetings over a year ago.

• belbab
    belbab

I went to Gilead in fall of 1959. In Albert Shroeder’s class a discussion arose about the superior authorities in Rom. 13:1. Shroeder was teaching that the authorities were Jehovah and Jesus Christ. Some of us brought up the point, why is it talking about paying taxes, then. Then Shroeder said, I will tell you something, but you cannot repeat it, because you will be running ahead of Jehovah. Then he told us that the authorities were the governments of the lands. I waited and waited for the Watchtower magazine to come out. That change in doctrine did not come out until about three years later.

Another interesting incident took place around 1968. During pre-convention work in Montreal, a group of us including the district servant were sitting around taking a break, and the DO was saying what big changes were to be announced at he assembly, and it had to do with the “servants” in the congregation. I piped up, (I was already on the way out) OH, are they going to rotate the servants? His face dropped and his smile turned to apprehension. I knew then that I had hit pay dirt. Anyone could see that coming. Old congregation servants were entrenched in their positions, laid back, not setting a good example in field service etc. What better way was there to move them out of the limelight for a while. Only thing was that, in Brooklyn, this led to establishment of the governing body, which Knorr and Freddy Franz opposed.

So by studying the problems of the Society as this thread is doing, it can be determined and anticipated what is coming down the pipe.

It is becoming excruciatingly painful to continue to push the idea of 1935 as a "magic cutoff date" for picking who is anointed, and who isn't. The number of Memorial partakers has hovered around 8500 for the past 20 years or so. Based on that 1935 date, the youngest - youngest - of these "true anointed" ones is around age 90. Most would be older. Sir 82

I'm thinking it either has something to do with the anointed. Nosfertu

In Mar 1, 2004 Watchtower, Cyberguy started a post ion this article in which it talked about the anointed. There was one significant paragraph. I pointed out that this paragraphed seemed to be indicating that members of the great crowd could be of the anointed if they realized that they were aware and had the responsibility to teach preach, and let their light shine.

The key paragraph, #20, states that the great crowd imitates the anointed. They are aware!
    They realize they are responsible. They also study God?s word and are motivated by Spirit and teach and preach, and let their light shine.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/67145/1044618/post.ashx#1044618

however, anointed Christians are keenly aware that the talents were placed in their hands,
    The paragraph goes on to say that they cannot abdicate their responsibilities to the greaat crowd.?
    What?s going on here?

The aging-almost -over-the-hill and into-the-ground governing body has painted themselves into a corner. They need more anointed ones. The 1935 cut off date has to be annulled. What better way to get out of their dilemna? Just put out the call for new anointed.

I took this paragraph to mean that the WT was looking for new anointed to come forward and declare themselves anointed, however, they had to be responsible ones who already were busy preaching. They wanted a bunch more David Splanes to show up.

They also could have a number of other changes in their bag also.

belbab

• sherrid
    sherrid

Just EXACTLY WHY do they have to keep receiving "New Light" in the FIRST PLACE???

Did not Noah receive THE EXACT DIRECTIONS needed to construct the ark; and did not the Israelites receive EXACT DIRECTIONS on how to build the Arc of the Covenant, and the Temple???

Did Jehovah waffle back and forth and say "Oops; i've changed my mind, scrap that plan and do it this way!"

I hardly think so. and THAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO THIS NEW LIGHT BALONEY!!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

New Light is always doctrinal. So, my money would be to do with the anointed class.

They have already started this, saying that people since the thirties have taken the place of those who were once anointed, but then left the org. With the power structure changed at the corporation HQ non anointed now have corporate control. But, in five years there will be no 'spiritual' direction, as all the 'real' anointed will be dead of old age.

So, if they keep their 144000 as literal then they can accommodate this doctrinal change by calculating that there weren't that many anointed of old christian times and get rid of the Rutherford doctrine from the1930's to fill the gap.

The result will be some people who will say, 'I always felt I was anointed' and be happy. And, the corporation can maintain its spiritual authority.

steve.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: 1. What have God's people experienced as a result of increased spiritual light from the Jehovah?

I don't think anyone has come up with a more succinct (and true) definition of "new light" than yours truly did about 9 years ago.

Basically, I stated that "new light" was the process of replacing older, crappy ideas with newer, crappy ideas.

That definition still sticks.

Farkel

• belbab
    belbab

No, No, it couldn't be this, could it.

In view of the fact that the door to door ministry has ceased to be the most effective way of

proclaiming the good news, we are stating that each publisher follow his own conscience as to

whether he will participate in this manner of preaching.

belbab, dreaming on.

• Mary
    Mary

They're not receiving any "New Light" from Jehovah, because the scripture they use to back this nonsense up has absolutely nothing to do with interpreting biblical prophecies. Here's the preceeding verses:

I will instruct you even in the way of wisdom; I will cause you to tread in the tracks of uprightness. 12 When you walk, your pace will not be cramped; and if you run, you will not stumble. 13 Take hold on discipline; do not let go. Safeguard it, for it itself is your life. 14 Into the path of the wicked ones do not enter, and do not walk straight on into the way of the bad ones. 15 Shun it, do not pass along by it; turn aside from it, and pass along. 16 For they do not sleep unless they do badness, and their sleep has been snatched away unless they cause someone to stumble. 17 For they have fed themselves with the bread of wickedness, and the wine of acts of violence is what they drink. 18 But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established. 19 The way of the wicked ones is like the gloom; they have not known at what they keep stumbling.

It is obvious that it's talking about how we live our lives. If we live our lives as a wicked person, doing wicked things, then we're on a dark desolate road. If we live a righteous life, then we're on a road with a light shining brighter and brighter. Nothing in there whatsoever to back up Crooklyn's bizarre interpretation of this scripture. But hey, they've gotta come up with some viable explanation as to why God's sole channel can't get one lousy prophecy right in over 120 years, and they grabbed this one out of the hat.

• sf
    sf

~bump for barb~you are welcomed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit