WALKING IN THE PATH OF INCREASING LIGHT - WT STUDY

by Mary 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

It is a fact! The Borg WTB&TS flip-flop more than a fresh caught fish out of water!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    Okay, so two more classes! One more heaven bound class, and a third earthly class. This gets interesting.

Gary--there was a large group of JWs on the west coast who believed they were of a 3rd earthly class. They were ones who believed they would have and do have a more direct line to the top than the others and they would be in a higher cast of society in the new system. They had some scriptural stuff figured out--they were the 3rd key to the 3 keys of the kingdom...Anyway, these ones were still very much involved with the organization, but just waiting for the change of organizational doctrine. The sister I personally knew who believed she was of this class was very intelligent, but quite mentally ill.

cybs

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Possibly, but then what percentage of Witnesses would simply never go out in Service again? I'd estimate at least 50%. And if they've got free time on their hands, God only knows what "mischief" they could get up to!! Why, they might have time to log on to the internet more frequently. And then of course, it's only a matter of time before they discover a site called JWD.

Completely agree, the reporting mechanism they use actually forces people into doing service they wouldnt ordinarily do and I dont suppose the organisation will let that go too quickly.

Erring on the side of caution before being tempted to wildly speculate, could it not be that they are simply reacting to the damage done by Quotes? i.e because this (as well as others) website/s actually exposed many of their doctrinal and operational changes somewhat embarassingly, perhaps they need a contingency plan to back it up?

DB74

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Whatever it is, it is something that the WBTS knows will stick in the throats of the R&F like kool-aid at Jonestown.

Look at how they are closing the escape hatches BEFORE they let off the tear gas:

"WHERE can you go to? The DARKNESS of the world outside?"

In any case they twist the scripture. Maybe people could go to that guy, oh what's his name, the one they try to mention as little as possible at their Christian Meetings.

HB

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

bttt

Although the signs are there that any 'new light' will be about the 1935 date, it would seem superfluous for it to be about this. They have already come up with a whole lot of malarky about the nephinem and now have lots of non-anointed ones in prominent positions at the WTS already, which Barbara Anderson did a great job of exposing. The GB has had members that were born after 1935 for quite some time now, and it has already been stated that any new anointed persons are merely replacements for apples that went bad somewhere along the way. So they have their bases covered already about the great crowd taking on more and more responsibility. In any event, it's just not an issue for JW's. In all my years as a JW I don't think I ever heard anyone mention it. If they bring out 'new light' about this old nearly forgotten date all it would seem to accomplish is getting JW's curious to look into something they had forgotten all about. Some of the borg might be awakened to looking back into organisation's past out of curiosity to see what other dusty old dates are still in the closet that might be thrown by the wayside, with 1919 being the next most logical date to get the big 'expired' stamp on it.

Could the 'new light' be something about the UN? There was some talk after the NGO scandal first broke that the GB were going to do exactly that, but that they had to quickly put it on the back-burner. Perhaps now that the NGO scandal has gone quiet they may feel it is safe enough to bring this 'new light' about it out now. Then there was the mini 'new light' in a 2003 article that said we shouldn't speculate and that we don't know exactly what agencies Satan will use to attack God's people. That could be taken to indicate perhaps they want to back-pedal from Fred Franz's chimerical and completely speculative view of the UN in bible prophecy.

• Think
    Think

Walking in the Path of increasing Light - MY Bible study without the WT confusion.

Mary, you are right. Adapting to new changes is not easy. I believe the Bible Light is much, much BETTER than the WT smoldering wax, so I am using the TRUE LIGHT, The Bible, The word of God, not the word of charlatans. Now I see much better !

Ps 119:105 " Thy word IS a lamp unto my feet, and a LIGHT unto my path ".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit