Does your JW baptism still mean anything to you?

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

All I know is that Jesus said to get baptized. He didn't say in what religion though.

Although I don't go to meetings anymore and don't plan on going anymore, I'm still glad that I was baptized.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When I was "studying the bible" with JWs, I had already been baptized in one religion....and had made my confirmation years later. This wasn't "good enough" for the WTS so I did the baptsm thing yet again.

In answer to your question "Does your baptism still mean anything to you?", I would say YES! It means that I made one of THE biggest mistakes of my entire LIFE! It has dearly cost me---AS a JW in losing my nonJW family and my direction in life, and AFTER leaving the WTS....by losing my JW family and 30 years of friends.

I am SO SORRY that I ever let the JWs into my home and the WTS into my heart and brain.

Annie

• minimus
    minimus

JH, you were baptized as a JW. Why are you glad about that?? My JW baptism means zilch to me.

• onesong
    onesong

I wasn't old enough to drive, drink or vote so why should be held to any other decision made at 15?

• JH
    JH

Well, Jesus said to get baptized, so I did.

It has nothing to do with JW teaching though. I just feel that I obeyed Jesus, and don't know what difference that will make on a long run.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Knowing what I know now I will have to say it means nothing. Considering that I was 14 when I got baptized and did it because everyone else in the congo was doing it. I can remember the brother asking the question if we have repented of our sins, I was still sinning at the time, felt bad but took the dunk anyway.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No.. How could a contract made when you are 13 years old be meaningful? As Sunspot said it was the biggest mistake, but in reality it was the continued year after year living the life that was what wasted my life.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Nada, nothing, zilch.

Sherry

• JH
    JH

I don't know if I'm alone thinking this way, but I didn't get baptized for the JW's but for Jesus, because he asked us to do it.

Did it change anything in my life up to now? Not really

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was baptized as an infant, and the Dubs told me it didn't mean a thing; I had to join THEIR club.

Today I place my baptisms (both of 'em) right behind my membership in Catain Century's Space Rangers in terms of importance.

Well, Jesus said to get baptized, so I did.

So, if Jesus said to jump off the garage roof...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit