Does your JW baptism still mean anything to you?

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

If I had the opportunity, I would probably get re-baptized. I simply did so because of the request of the elders if I wanted to get married in the hall, I would have to be baptized. Secondly, I think getting baptized as a JW means dedicating ones life to the WTS organization, rather than to God and Jesus.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I can honestly say that my baptism is still important to me even though I have issues with the JW Faith. I was baptized at a young age, just as a lot of witness youth are but my parents never pushed it. In fact my parents always held baptism out as something to do for Jehovah and no one else. I can see now that they raised us quite different from how they were "supposed to", but their methods did bring us close together as a family, and they instilled love for Jehovah and his qualities by appreciating his creation. I guess in my head and heart I don't link my baptism directly to being one of Jehovah's witness. It has always held its own "place" in my heart and I refuse to let men take that special feeling or connection away from me. My feelings towards being in the "truth" however are different and I haven't quite figured out how to deal with that. I know one thing for sure, even though my parents raised us in a household where we didn't follow the "regimented program" they would never understand my feelings of doubt and misgivings regarding Jehovah's Witnesses that I now feel. It seems that nothing is easy.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Welcome Calliope, and btw if you were yet wanting to remove yourself from the WTS your informing them of your lifestyle at the time of your baptism may be enough to annul the baptism, have them remove you from the files and not pursue a DFing.

• Calliope
    Calliope
    ...btw if you were yet wanting to remove yourself from the WTS your informing them of your lifestyle at the time of your baptism may be enough to annul the baptism, have them remove you from the files and not pursue a DFing.

thanks for the welcome.

i'm still of the opinion that an ex-communication from the "sacred" org. would possible kill my parents (or render them incapacitated ). so food for thought, but i don't think i could go through with it (just yet...). and besides, it is certainly plausible that they would "annul" my baptism, but what is more likely in an org. where each individual congo. will make up their own applicable "regulations", i would likely be DF-ed.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

When I was baptized, I was baptized to God, not an Organization so I consider my Baptism when I was a JW Valid.

• JH
    JH

ooopppps wrong thread...

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am a bit phobic agout cold water.............. Does that count?

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit