Why are so many JWs hicks?

by kristyann 80 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

All blondes are...................

• John Doe
    John Doe

I guess we're assuming all rural folks like to brawl now because one person was last night? I'm signing off of this thread now for good. There are two possibilities here:

1) Kristy is intentionally acting the troll. In this case, the thread is not worth my time.

2)She believes what she says. In this case, her blatant refusal to widen her perspective is a positive indication of someone who is not receptive to constructive criticism, ergo the situation is not worth our time to pursue. This is the most depressing of the two scenarios, but one I fear we must accept. If the latter be an accurate assessment, Kristy has my sincerest sympathies. As my father used to say, never miss a good chance to shut up. ;-) G'night all.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Traveling and studying different cultures is a great way to broaden your perspective about things....

• wombat
    wombat

This has been the funniest post. I chuckled the whole way through it. I kept asking myself if these folk were serious or just taking the mickey out of each other.

The only intelligent comment was from rebel 8.

Hey Kristy Ann - a long thread is good fun. If you don't mind I will copy your original post and substitute certain words with "trailer trash" and "window washer" and then go to bed.

Life would be so boring if we didn't have this site.

I am sure that if you all met in a bar you would have a great party all together.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Aw, gee whiz, thanks!

• kid-A
    kid-A

sorry folks, its not just the JWs suffering from intellectual impairments!!! LOL

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

hey calico --- its funny that you called her immature. arent you supposed to be 43? thats pretty old. too old to be engaging in name calling such as "brat" right? and also probably too old to be making fun of people for being blonde right? what does her being blonde have anything to do with anything? is she stupid because she's blonde? does hair color have something to do with a personality? you guys go out of your way to sound like you're being so nice and you're the good guys - but then you go and do the same thing by making fun of someones hair color? its not okay to judge someone based on their social class..... and its not okay to judge someone based on their race....... but it is okay to judge someone based on something as incidental as hair color? get real. that doesnt make any sense whatsoever. you are mad at her for supposedly judging people based on whether they are hicks or not - but then you judge someone based on their hair color? that is so stupid! thats dumber than what you're accusing her of!!! i dont think you are honestly dumb enough to think someones personality is determined by their hair color (unless maybe you are that dumb). i think instead you probably said it bec. you're one of the many women that still are jealous of girls with blonde hair and secretly wished to be one of them. i wish you were more mature than that, especially considering you're 43 years old. in all your 43 years, you havent learned not to engage in name calling or judging girls based on their hair color? (which is probably the hair color you secretly desire...... i have black hair (obviously) but i see no other reason for you to have made a statement about being blonde to her unless you were jealous- esp. considering how against judging people you are. you don't like to judge people based on social class or race, so you couldnt possibly think its okay to judge them on their hair color now could you?)

• calico
    calico

Dear Melly--

She IS immature. She shouldn't group all people into one catagory. The blonde comment was meant to be SARCASTIC--showing how stupid it is to classify someone on their looks, religion, or whatever. If she is young, I am not jealous. It's taken me the 43 years to get any self confidence. I am middle-aged, overweight, and have LOST quite a bit of my pretty, BLACK hair. On top of that, my hair has gone completely WHITE! I guess I should be the one obsessing about hair--I've been trying all kinds of stuff to get it to grow back. Going into menopause has been very depressing--I won't even bother to tell you all the crap I've been thru with female problems.

My husband puts me down all the time--recently he called me a WORTHLESS BITCH and he wonders why I don't show any interest in him anymore.

If I hurt Kristyann's feelings--I am sorry.

You seem bent on making me feel old--I already do and besides, I have my husband to put me down.

• calico
    calico

You know what's really stupid? Now I'm crying because of someone I don't even know.

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    I guess it kind of validated my point that an awful lot of JWs are hicks... ALMOST (not all, but almost) everyone that responded was from a rural area! I asked the question, and it was answered by almost all rural people themselves! That kind of reinforces the point. I think that they meant to argue my point, but in reality they actually just confirmed it.

Actually kristyann, the city folks wanted to chime in too, but they couldn't figure out how to talk into the computer and make words come up on the screen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit