Why are so many JWs hicks?

by kristyann 80 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Melly, as I said I am basing my posts on what is written. If you are familiar with analogies and simlies, then by all means post something that reflects your knowledge. I don't care where you were born or where you were educated. Your posts read the same. ;-)

• calico
    calico

Main Entry: hill·bil·ly
    Pronunciation: 'hil-"bi-lE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -lies
    Etymology: 1hill + Billy, nickname for William
    : a person from a backwoods area

• John Doe
    John Doe

And with that I am off to bed. I apologize if you feel I am being condescending--that was not my intention. I am equally exacting with any who compose sloppy posts. G'day all. :-)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Mellysummer,

You're absolutely right. There is no shame in growing up in a country environment. I have learned to utilize my time alone fly fishing for steelhead, trout, and salmon. Church for me is nothing less than a Sunday spent swingin' flies for steelhead. I work a 9-5 job as an executive on my company, but there's nothing better than an afternoon hauling in lunkers to make you appreciate nature. This is how I spend my time recharging my batteries for the next week ahead. While I grew up as a redneck, I would much rather spend my time figuring out how to catch fish than waste my time thinking up ways to hate those that differ from me.

-Breck(of the grew up redneck but loves everyone class.)

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::I have met some people who live in rural areas that are interested in education, but the majority of them don't seem to be and they proudly admit it. It just seems to be a different way of life for them. That's why a lot of them take jobs that involve some type of physical labor...

Melly, do you know how to read? Why would anyone assume you are black? The only thing I think about you is that you talk out of your ass. Anyone can do that, no matter what color their skin or what their socio-economic level. Classism IS analogous to racism. It varies only in its degree, and even then, not by much.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Calico,

Yes I am, and there's nothin' wrong with that.

• calico
    calico

"A country boy can survive"

"We're From the Country and We Like It That Way"

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The Preacher Man says "it's the End Of Time, and the Mississippi River it's-a-goin' dry."

The interest is up and the Stock Market's down and you only get mugged if ye go downtown

I live back in the woods, you see, just the Woman and The Kids, and The Dog and Me.

I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive and a Country Boy Can Survive.

Country Folks can survive.

I can plow a field all day long

I can catch catfish from dusk-till-dawn

I can skin a buck and run a trout line and a country boy can survive.

I got a good friend in New York City he never called me by my name just "Hillbilly".

my Grandpa taught me how to live off the land

and his taught him to be a businessman

but he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife

for $43 my friend lost his life

I'd like to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eyes and shoot him with my ol' .45

cuz a country boy can survive

country folks can surviiiiiive

cuz you can't starve us out

and ye can't make us run

cuz we're them ol' boys raised on shotgun

we say Grace and we say ma'am if you ain't into that, we don't give a damn.

We come from West Virginia Coal Mines and The Rocky Mountains, and The Western Skies

and we can skin a buck, we run a trout line and a Country Boy can survive

country folks caaaan suuurviiiive

we make our own whiskey and our own smoke too

ain't too many things these ol' boyz cain't do.

I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a .45

and a Country Boy can surviiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

• calico
    calico

I love that song!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit