Why are so many JWs hicks?

by kristyann 80 Replies latest jw friends

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

well johndoe see if you can follow this. you said that my family and i are fit to be stereotyped. seeing as to how the stereotype we were discussing involved lack of education, that would be where i drew my conclusion from. also, where did that christy girl say anything about physical laborers being dumb? or anything about black people? but you all implied that. so it's okay for you to infer something but not for me?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

.....but I'm still not a hick. I was encouraged, growing up, to be a hick, and while I go fishing once a week, and shoot a variety of firearms on a regular basis, and drive a truck, and prefer to wear boots, I am not a hick......Or am I?

• John Doe
    John Doe

"well johndoe see if you can follow this. you said that my family and i are fit to be stereotyped."

I said I'm sorry you feel your family is fit to be stereotyped.

"seeing as to how the stereotype we were discussing involved lack of education, that would be where i drew my conclusion from. also, where did that christy girl say anything about physical laborers being dumb? "

First paragraph. She compared being a "hick" (see title of thread) to being uneducated and not concerned about being educated.

" or anything about black people? but you all implied that."

What I implied was that one form of stereotyping is as inaccurate as another. Have you ever heard of an "analogy" or a "simile?"

" so it's okay for you to infer something but not for me?"

What are you trying to infer? I must have missed it. I am basing my posts soley on what is posted.

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

good for you sweetie hehehe low-key have a little hick pride! enjoy it, don't fight it. its a cool way of life and i dont take it as an insult at all.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::a lot of the stereotypes about the people there, inc. my own family, are true.

MellySummer, words from your own keyboard.

• calico
    calico

Low-Key---You're a country boy!

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

<<seeing as to how the stereotype we were discussing involved lack of education, that would be where i drew my conclusion from. also, where did that christy girl say anything about physical laborers being dumb?

First paragraph. She compared being a "hick" (see title of thread) to being uneducated and not concerned about being educated.>>

um johndoe all i see in that 1st paragraph is "hick" and "uneducated"..... not "dumb" or "physical labor". when you look at that paragraph and find it let me know.

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

odrade, you dont even make any sense. of course my family fits some of the stereotypes, i was saying it as another point to johndoe. you may feel you're too good for a hick lifestyle but you certainly fulfill the "clannish, racist" part of the stereotype, don't you? as does johndoe, talking down to me like i've never heard of a similie. but wait let me guess. "i'm not racist, some of my best friends are black!!!!" i hope he doesnt talk to all black people like he talks to me

• John Doe
    John Doe

"So what is it that seems to make hillbillies and Jehovah's Witnesses go hand in hand? I have pretty much chalked it up to ignorance, apathy, lack of education..."

My apologies. I should have said "first post" instead of "first paragraph." Also, I think it's clear she was speaking of "hicks" here when she said "hillbillies." Do you disagree?

• MellySummer
    MellySummer

no johndoe i do not agree. i still do not see where she said physical laborers are dumb. can you find that for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit