UN AND THE WITTNESSES

by PMJ 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe you should explain who you think are the people clutching at straws and why? Now that would be interesting.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

.....why would some one who is surporting the un say these things about them.

At the time, no one outside the inner circle in Brooklyn knew that the wts had joined the UN, so they had to keep up the pretense

• Dune
    Dune

There was an article about the UN early in 2005, i was surprised by it because i didnt understand why the society was painting the UN in a good light. (this was before i joined the site :-D)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My Uncle Ciro, has the UN Lib Card.

Back in 98 I think. I saw the card in May of 1999.

Brooke

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The UN thing didn't faze my father-in-law either. My mother-in-law was bothered by it, but not actually shaken.

This prompted me to ask him, "What WOULD the Watchtower have to do to show you they were not God's organization?" At first he said, "Nothing, there's nothing they could do." That was just his knee-jerk reaction to what he perceived as an apostate attack. After he thought about it, he admitted there was something. If they did that, he would know they weren't God's organization.

Before I tell you what would do it for him, PMJ, let me ask you:

What could the Watchtower do that would tell you they really weren't God's organization?

Dave

• glitter
    glitter

funny thing is why would some one who is surporting the un say these things about them.

Why would they want to be associated with the UN in *any* way when they'd said these things about them?

• Honesty
    Honesty

PMJ, are you denying the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was affiliated with the United Nations?

• juni
    juni

Let's give PMJ a break; it's his nappy time.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

This guy is in denial...

• Laney
    Laney

Here are two quotes from the Watchtower detailing exactly what they think of the UN:

Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion and worship of the 'wild beast' and it's 'image', the United Nations.
    "The whole tendency of the League of Nations is to turn the people away from God and from Christ, and it is therefore a desolating thing, the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God." So in 1919 "the disgusting thing" appeared. In time, the League gave way to the United Nations. Jehovah's Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God's sight.

Have a look at this letter from the UN, if you haven't already. It confrims their affiliation for ten years or so. As soon as they got caught out they withdrew.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/ngo2.htm

The Watchtower are lying to you, constantly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit