UN AND THE WITTNESSES

by PMJ 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skyman
    skyman

PMJ CALL THE SOCIETY FOR YOURSELF AND ASK THEM OR ARE YOU A CHICKEN SHEET

PHONE FOR THE INFORMATION DESK (845) 306 1100

• skyman
    skyman

PMJ you said we were grasping at straws LOOK AT THE 1991 Wat: June 1 pages 15-21 Is what the Society say about joining the UN. Remember the only way a chruch can join the UN is by becoming an NGO. I call this mag. the SMOKING GUN the Elders were told here to never agian talk to me about that MAGAZINE article. It say and I quot word for word.

“A Covenant With Death” w91 6/1 15-21 par.11

11 A recent book gives an idea when it states: “No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world’s religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths.”

It states a recent Book Here the exact quote from that book notice what the 1991 Watchtower did not include in its quote:

"Prayer, meditation and spirituality at the UN are fascinating subjects. All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations . For example, no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths. It is a common practice of the Unitarian-Universalists to display the United Nations flag in their houses of worship. So does the Holy Family Church, the parish church of the UN, with its international reliquary and its many religious services and activities catering to world peace and to the international community."

The Society Quotes from Muller's book but does not include the words non-governmental organizations.

The whole Watchtower study article denounces the Chruches of the world invovlement with the UN and their representation in the UN. The only way the chruches of the world can represent in the UN is by becoming a NGO Here is the link so you can see the BOOK for yourself

http://www.metrocast.net/~moza/meditation.htm

• skyman
    skyman

PMJ the 1991 Watchtower says that any church today that joins the UN is likened to Israel when Babylon destroyed GOD’s nation. The Watchtower say that Israel joined that day’s UN and that was why it was destroyed. The article goes on to bring out by joining this day’s UN a church enters that same convent of death just like Israel did. The same fate awaits any church that joins the UN today. The Society asked to join the UN in 1991 the same year the article was printed. The president of the Writing Department was
    Ciro Aulicino which by the way is one of the men who singed to get us into the UN. Also the Governing body has to agree to an article before it is printed. What the HELL in writing they said this read the 1991 Watchtower and look up every scripture.

THIS IS THE SMOKING GUN

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Perhaps it has not been explain to PMJ just what was required on their part to become affiliated as an NGO and member agent of the DPI. It was not simply a signature and a smile. They had commitments and annual reviews of their compliance. They consciously misled their doctrinal position to the UN each year. There is absolutely NO WAY that those involved in this matter were unaware of the significance of their commitments and obligations to the UN as a field agent and promoter. The library card cover story is so laughable as to be insulting to those that have researched this matter.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Hey PMS, in that other thread you refused to believe that the WTS could have had any reasons for joining the UN as an NGO. And hence, the "library card"-story, was probably true (you said). And so I replied:

"Oh, they had reasons for joining, allright. At the time they joined, the JWs weren`t growing anymore in Europe, there were even signs of imminent negative growth. And that means less money for the WTS. So they decided it was time to expand into third-world-countries, mainly in south-America. Many of the countries there (as well as in other parts of the world) have and had then, oppressive regimes, who didn`t like the JWs very much, for a number of reasons. So, the WTS needed to be under the UNs protective banner. Noone messes with the UN, because that`s not very smart. So, by being associated with the UN, the governments in countries run by dictators, would give the JWs some slack. And what do you know: In 2005, the biggest expansion, the biggest growth-rate in members, is in 3rd world countries, especially in south-America. The WTS dissacoiated themselves when they were found out, but they sure didn`t like that they had to. The UN has been very good for them. It obviously pays off to be in bed with the devil!"

...but you gave me no reply. So I just wanted to repeat it, in case you missed it.

• zagor
    zagor

... and their excuse, "oh thank you for bringing it to our attention, that NGO is wrong" I wonder if such an excuse would work for a bro or a sis committing "fornication". Oh thank you for bringing it to my attention I will never again screw anyone, LMAO

• JT
    JT

i looked through some awakes from 1991 through 2001.and i saw a lot of refrences saying the un is the beast from revaltion

##########

excellent point, but here is the problem, the wt didn't have to submit every single article they did on the UN --to the UN in order to show the UN that they fullfilled their Requirements as a NGO.

it is clear out poster needs to do more research on the matter:

REPOST:

This writer contacted the DPI by email and was informed by that office that it was standard procedure in 1992 (the year the Watchtower was accepted as a NGO) for the DPI to send new members a brochure and welcome letter restating exactly what was expected of NGOs. Among other things the letter stated:

"The principle purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the "The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations," which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship."

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Who are you guys talking too? He hit and ran a long time back!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Yes, I know. He`s a hit and run, but he keeps coming back to do it over and over again. I doubt he bothers reading the replies, though, so we`re basically just fooling ourselves. Really, we should just ignore this guy. (Well, who am I to talk...if I see a JW, it`s like waving a red flag in front of me...)

• sandy
    sandy

I wonder what would happen or how it would go down if I contacted a local witness in my area, or maybe someone I know and ask them about the whole UN thing.

I can just act like I am really concerned and hoping that the information is false. I'll have all my proof ready.

What would they say?

Probably the same thing my sister said. There must be apostates working at the UN. She didn't ecaxtly say it in those words but that is what she implied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit