Online Petition Re Quotes Lawsuit--PLEASE SIGN

by rebel8 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Or standing on the roof and throwing water baloons on the ppl going in. Or hanging Christmas decorations on the entryway in the dead of night. hee hee

It's too cold for that now--I'm waiting until spring.

LOL & bttt !

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would also send a copy of the petition to http://www.pencanada.ca/

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Signed it

• observador
    observador

"I'm going to sign the petition but I'm just curious as to what you hope to accomplish with it? The lawsuit was already settled and can't be overturned."

I was asking the same question myself: what do you hope to accomplish with it?
    I think the WT looked so bad by taking QUOTES down. Just look at the flood of newbies that came after that...

Now, imagine what will happen if WT says: "Oh, people got so upset; we'll allow the site to be restored".
    They'll look good!

My opinion is that it is a lot more damming for the WT if we publicize to the four corners of the earth THAT WT HAS TAKEN THE SITE DOWN. The more of that they do, the worse they look.

I am certainly not for harassing rebel8 with PM, but rebel you gotta understand that this is a discussion board. Some people will agree with you; some won't. When one posts, one has to expect debate.

• rebel8
    rebel8

hmmm....I didn't realize the WT's goal was to get ppl upset. I thought it was to get the website removed so ppl couldn't so easily find out they don't have Thee Truth.

I do expect some debate. What I think is over the top is ppl pressuring me to totally change both my goal and my tactic. If others have a different objective, they should design and implement a method to reach their goal instead of trying to get me to do it. (I am not just referring to one person either.) This happens every time someone posts a plan of action and it just gets old after a while. Purpose:

My purpose in creating this petition is to let the WTS know how many thousands of people object to their actions. That is its one and only goal and I believe will have some impact. They should not be sheltered from the outrage they've caused. Let them feel the heat of disapproval. Maybe it will not directly change their actions but then again, us keeping silent will definitely not impact them.

Action: Collect comments via a petition and mail it to the WTS. It's that simple. Any other goal or action is completely outside of my plan and that's why I am not going to pursue them. Others are free to pursue their own goals.

• under74
    under74

rebel...I don't think anyone was pressuring you, although I don't know about anyone pming you. I will say that when you post something like this you're bound to get many behind you and many questioning. Those questioning are doing just that--asking questions and trying to see your reasoning and maybe even disagreeing with you. This doesn't mean you should stop what you're doing. From what I've seen on this thread there have been some suggestions and disagreements but I don't see any pressuring.

keep doing what you're doing and don't care about some of us putting our 2 cents in.

• apple78
    apple78

I signed it.

My other contribution is to 'study' with my JW friend and have her think she is preaching. This way I am taking her time and hours away for the unsuspecting she would have been preaching to otherwise. I have this website to keep my feet on the ground.

Am I really nasty for doing that?

• Legolas
    Legolas

It BAFFLES me to no end why people are against this or even questioning this!

I mean who cares what it will accomplish!

Even if nothing comes out of it....people have a chance to tell the WT what they think of them and I am sure it will make Quotes feel better!

• under74
    under74

people have different perspectives legolas.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Like I said I am baffled...Give me one good reason to question this or not to sign it...I am serious I can't think of one!

Now I am not putting people down who do question it...I just want to know their reason as to why!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit