by rebel8 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Signed

all the best with it

es

• under74
    under74

rabbit- I can disagree if I want to, this doesn't mean I think rebel should stop doing whatever it is she wants to do. I don't think handing a petition to the WTS will do any good, rebel thinks it will--we disagree and that's fine. People don't have to agree.

PS- not mincing words shouldn't be mixed up with getting pissy.

• Legolas
    Legolas

bttt

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

under74

PS- not mincing words shouldn't be mixed up with getting pissy.

I don't get mixed up too easily.

I didn't 'mince' my words either.

Why did this hit a nerve with you anyway ? What would make you think I was even talking about you ? Was it something you said, maybe ?

Why are you the only one that felt 'motivated' to respond to me ?

Rabbit

• Legolas
    Legolas

Rebel...Is there any way we can read all the ones to date?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here you go, Legolas. These are the entries from 1/1 to now. I think I'm going to print out the hundreds of comments on the Fark.com forum and send that along with these. I will post a complete copy of the correspondence after it's sent. That will probably be in a few weeks. (I particularly liked the one highlighted!)

Where are

you from: Australia

Comments:

January 3, 2006 07:51:55 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: NYC

Comments: WT Society: "Our own quotes will embarrass us." You are embarrassing to Jehovah. Think about it.

January 3, 2006 01:54:23 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: CO

Comments: How sad that your own literature betrays you!

January 3, 2006 01:22:37 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Washington

Comments: The right to question and expose any claim made by any organization, does not constitute defamation. Nor does the re-printing of said remarks by any publisher constitute theft or when the information they have printed is being called in to question.

January 2, 2006 21:47:34 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Palm Springs, California

Comments: You folks need to be slapped down here in America. You're and insane power-made bunch of greasy f------ megalomaniacs.

January 2, 2006 19:25:18 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: UK

Comments: Dear Watchtower Society I would like to know why you are unwilling for the general public to resource your own literature on the internet - the same literature you have been most anxious to push upon people at their homes. When this happens, ie as you have closed down the valuable research tool Quotes.ca.com it makes people wonder what you have to hide? Also it does speak volumes about your sincerity in desiring freedom of speech and smacks of hypocrasy when you say in your articles that you champion human rights. I for one will be discouraging my friends and family from reading any of your literature now and will be pointing to your closure of the Quotes site as a prime example that you are afraid honest hearted ones will read what you have advocated or prophesied in the past and realise for themselves you cannot possibly have any backing from God. Consider your actions more carefully in future if you wish any kind of good name for your organization to survive.

January 2, 2006 16:37:07 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Prince edward island

Comments:

January 2, 2006 16:24:24 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Canada

Comments: Its good to see donated money to be used to supress free speach as in the Watchtower vs. Quotes. I don't see how bullying one to hide the truth by the use of court is God driven. It's your own comments, so where should the embarressment lie? Isn't it time to expose the truth about the Watchtower deception. Tell us why would God try to cover up a decietful organization? Since when has God's morals bended to cover up for a organization? Just dont see the Christly example in your actions toword the qoutes site.

January 2, 2006 07:30:05 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments: With this very telling lawsuit you have proved once and for all you are a despicable and sinister cult...! Afraid of your own words??!! YOU SHOULD BE, for this is the noose that is hanging you worldwide!

January 2, 2006 07:20:41 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Texas USA

Comments: What are you so afraid of? If the Watchtwoer is so right about everything and so supported by God himself, why the panic of people looking at your own published material? Your actions are cowardly and desperate.

January 2, 2006 04:59:28 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments: What are you so afraid of? If the Watchtwoer is so right about everything and so supported by God himself, why the panic of people looking at your own published material? Your actions are cowardly and desperate.

January 2, 2006 04:59:07 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments:

January 2, 2006 04:56:22 (GMT Time)

Comments: nuts

January 2, 2006 03:34:57 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments:

January 2, 2006 03:28:21 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Earth, unlike your elders

Comments: Your decision to sue and to then settle a lawsuit with Peter Mosier over the Watchtower Quotes website was both cowardly and unconscionable. You will see that what you have done will backfire on you 1000-fold; and the truth about your fraudulence and your misguided actions will be known throughout the world. Your greedy corporation's failure to thrive is at hand. There will be a thousand websites quoting your old and self-contradictory literature for every ONE website that you quash. Keep up the good work, morons.

January 2, 2006 03:05:58 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: new zealand

Comments:

January 2, 2006 02:07:04 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: north east england

Comments: I was studying with my local Presiding Overseer with a view to becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses. My research included study of the quotes website. I can no longer consider joining a religious organisation that censors those who do no more than make accurate quotes from 100 years of Watchtower publications available for perusal. My trust in the Jehovah's Witness organisation has been mortally wounded by its actions against this site. The truth can stand up to such scrutiny - if it is the truth.

January 2, 2006 00:17:38 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Knoxville, TN

Comments:

January 1, 2006 23:47:54 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments:

January 1, 2006 23:36:14 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Illinois, USA

Comments: It shows that they are hypocrits in that they say they support freedom of religion/freedom of speach but yet they attack freedom of speach by attacking anyone who exposes them by showing the Watchtower's deception, flip flops and plain falsehood in THEIR OWN LITERATURE with THEIR OWN WORDS. Their own words expose them for what they are.

January 1, 2006 22:43:14 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Peru - South America

Comments: Jesus teach us: Let your light shine. Contrary to that order, seems that the WTBT are afraid of their own light. Mat 4:23.

January 1, 2006 22:35:47 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Bangor Maine USA

Comments: Danny Haszard is a 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness turned whistle-blower against the Watchtower corporation www.dannyhaszard.com

January 1, 2006 22:22:56 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: England

Comments: The quotes website simply gives quotations from the Watchtower publications. If the Watchtower is threatened by that, readers of the Watchtower should wonder why. Investigate for yourself and you will find out.

January 1, 2006 22:03:26 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: NC

Comments:

January 1, 2006 19:50:46 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: netherlands

Comments: what is happening to the freedom of speach in the states? This is scary.

January 1, 2006 19:47:08 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

Comments: As they believe...the "truth" will set you free. All quotes are truth, and printed by the WTS. What are they afraid of?

January 1, 2006 19:47:05 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Alabama

Comments: Let the truth be known.

January 1, 2006 19:40:15 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: illinois, usa

Comments: Although I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I am uncomfortable with the Watchtower's lack of respect for freedom of speech in this case. We have done much to promote one's right to express his or her religious opinion in the past and have availed ourselves of that right to criticize other religions. It is a shame that we can't tolerate the criticism of others as they exercise their own right to free speech.

January 1, 2006 19:06:14 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Netherlands

Comments: Watchtower; your glory days are over; you can shut down a web site, but you will never succeed closing down the internet and the proliferation of knowledge. The more you endeavour to suppress the sudden swell of information the more it will blossom. Remember Ray Franz? I know you would like to forget your former governing body member, whom you endeavoured to crush and demonize because he no longer could follow your convoluted ways. Yet his books "Crisis of Conscience" and "In search of Christian Freedom" continue to spread; they are now published in 12 languages, reaching countless thousands more every month, thereby exposing your system to the core. Disfellowshipping him was a huge mistake. Will you not ever learn? Remember, the Pharisees rejoiced when they crucified Jesus, because he exposed them for what they were, however their rejoicing was short lived, they came to a horrible end. Don't ever forget that. By your definition whoever disagrees with your unscriptural theol

January 1, 2006 19:01:43 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments: "for none ever feared that the truth should be heard but they that the truth should indict"

January 1, 2006 18:46:12 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: North Carolina

Comments: The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society including their Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witness love to use their strong arm tactics to close Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses up, but they harder they fight the more we will have our say. The WTBTS blood policy also is something that has lead to the death of many children who have been in accidents are the parents and children refuse life saving blood transfusions because of their mis-information. We will not stop exposing your religion as a cult of totalitarian old men who run it.

January 1, 2006 18:40:44 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: WA

Comments:

January 1, 2006 18:32:04 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Scotland

Comments: It has to be significant when the Society is ashamed of its own publications...

January 1, 2006 18:31:40 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Ojai, CA

Comments: They say their message is "free", so what wrong with this site?

January 1, 2006 18:25:27 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments: This is a quote from Andre Gide..'Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.' If you really had the truth what do you have to fear? Shouldn't the truth set you free?...The truth should be able to stand on its own because it would be unbreakable because as Thomas Brooks once wrote..'Truth is mighty and will prevail.' So I guess you are admitting by your actions....'You do NOT have the 'truth'! But the world has nothing to fear, because the truth of all the lies of your religion will be known!

January 1, 2006 18:23:44 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Arkansas, United States of America

Comments: When I was a Witness, I was told that in "the last days," the Witnesses would come under attack and that would prove they are God's chosen organization on Earth. But, since they are the ones attacking, read that "bullying," does that mean that they are no longer God's channel? The fact that they went after a person with very limited resources tells me that they are the bully that they always warned us about.

January 1, 2006 17:59:41 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Calif, USA

Comments: The truth hurts !

January 1, 2006 17:42:51 (GMT Time)

Where are

Comments: Why are you embarrased by your own words? How dare you persecute websites that only wish to give a balanced view of your religion! Shame on you!

January 1, 2006 16:59:46 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Texas

Comments: Sorry boys you accomplished nothing. For every web-site you plow under fifty will pop up to replace it, world wide. That's right worldwide. You cannot stop the flow of traffic on the information highway. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society doesnt have that kind of muscle. So circle the waggons, hunker down and take pot shots as you will and remember the time is at hand, truth will prevail. Quentin C. Roberts Weatherford, Texas

January 1, 2006 16:18:16 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Washington

Comments: Surely the "Truth" can bear a little scrutiny? Shutting down this site to "save yourselves embarassment" (as quoted in your lawsuit) has made you look even worse.

January 1, 2006 16:01:31 (GMT Time)

Where are

you from: Wichita, Ks

Comments: I don't see why you would sue someone for publishing YOUR literature, which is supposedly free. It, also, proclaims to be "The Truth". Are you embarrassed by it? If you are, indeed, God's prophets you should have nothing to fear.

January 1, 2006 15:54:34 (GMT Time)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Rebel,

Might I suggest you also send it to Watchtower Canada, since the suit originated there? "Attention Glen and Linda How" would make it look like personal correspondance, so one of the two of them would likely end up seeing it. (Surely one or both of them were involved in the suit to some extent.)

Dave

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is a good idea. I didn't realize the Canada branch was the originator. It's been a long time since I read the court documents. Maybe I will send a cc to Brooklyn too. Who are the Hows?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

rebel, these comments are so interesting, thanks.

I cant believe people are PM'ing you and e-mailing you to take it down. Honestly people, if you dont like it treat it with the disdain you think it deserves, dont waste your precious energy and attention on it.

Its one thing to state clearly and politely that you dont agree with it, its another thing to try and strong arm rebel into ending her petition cos you dont like it. Come out and say what you think publically and politely like some posters have managed to do.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well no one has contacted me since I asked them not to. My little petition is a tiny blip on the radar screen--a non-event really, so it surprised me anyone would waste their personal time and energy complaining about it. It's not like I'm dancing naked in front of the Brooklyn headquarters with a sandwich sign that says, "On behalf of all the members of JWD, I am here to protest your assassination of John F. Kennedy, your Illuminati connections, and plots with the aliens," and handing out lists of JWD posters and their home addresses. Or standing on the roof and throwing water baloons on the ppl going in. Or hanging Christmas decorations on the entryway in the dead of night. hee hee

It's too cold for that now--I'm waiting until spring. Perhaps you could join me KK. You could do your "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" dance. And wear the outfit you wore when you had your tryst with the demons. No dressing like a maths teacher!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit