we have the truth there is no doubt

by PMJ 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

well u ovesly new what it ment so whats the problem.why am i a child are you telling me going to the doctor when you have the floo isnt the best thing to do?whats moaning about it to your friends going to do?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol floo...omg I love it

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    the sad fat is you call the WTS but its all you ever talk about they still have a hold on you in some way or another.

The sad fact is, that's true. My father-in-law is about the only person on the planet I can beat at chess, but since he's a JW and I'm DF'd, he won't talk to me anymore. So we can't play. Moreover, I spend a considerable chunk of my time here and elsewhere trying to help people see that there are alternatives to the Watchtower. They feel, "I don't like everything about my life as a JW, but where else can I go?", harking back to the apostle's comment to Jesus when he asked if they were going to abandon him. This idea that there's no where else to go leaves some mentally trapped in JWism. I'm not out to yank anybody out of the Watchtower kicking and screaming. If they're happy -- fine. I'm interested in people living fulfilled, happy lives. Most JW's I knew when I was in were not doing that. They were on a treadmill, -- reading, studying, preaching -- but not getting anywhere. You pioneer out of high school, you work for the local garage, you marry at 20, have a kid or two, and suddenly you're 40 years old with no career, no future this side of armageddon, and you're HOPING that god destroys 6 billion people and brings paradise, so you don't have to worry about retirement. It's a tough row to hoe. For those that are uncomfortable with it, I'd like to help. In that way, I still find myself doing things because of the existence of the Watchtower. But it seems little different than a person that works to keep people from drinking and driving after they were hurt by a drunk driver. You get hurt, and you want to prevent others from being hurt. Do you think I and others on this site are wrong in thinking we were hurt by the Watchtower? I'm just asking your opinion, to which you are entitled. No one should attack you for stating it. I'm just curious. Dave

• John Doe
    John Doe

"your best bet would eaver to get the flu shot or when you get the flu go to your doctor.talking about it wont cure it i can asure you"

I've been cured. But, the problem develops when I see folks who have no idea what the flu is or even that they're part of the pathogen problem. My words won't directly cure them, but perhaps I can direct them to a proper doctor who will cure them. Words won't cure, but ignorance will prevent a cure.

• juni
    juni

Let's give the kid a break - it's his nappy time.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi PMJ,

Glad to see you have found your way here to talk to us. Glad to see your not afraid either to speak up and defend yourself. There is nothing better than youthful zeal, it always makes me smile and want to give you a pat on the back.

Stick around and talk to us, the way of truth is provable right? Give us your proof, let us think and debate and learn.

Balsam

• shark attack
    shark attack

PMJ'S THE BEST! I LOVE THIS GUY

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    but do you no better?what frame of mind was you in when you set out to prove the organtion wrong.you will find faultwith anything some times it takes a look at the hole picture of things.tell me people who left the jw s did they realy ever have a realship with jah?

Wow, looks like I'm a little late to this party. While I never had a "realship" with Jehovah, I used to think that I had a relationship with him. However, what I actually had, and what you now display, was a relationship with a man made organization.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    but do you no better?what frame of mind was you in when you set out to prove the organtion wrong.you will find faultwith anything some times it takes a look at the hole picture of things.tell me people who left the jw s did they realy ever have a realship with jah?

Yeah I think you're confusing having a relationship with organisation as the same thing as having a relationship with God. It's not the same thing.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My relationship only got better and better

Just a point of note - Doctors won't touch Influenza with a ten foot bargepole. It's a virus, so there's nothing to be done except let it take it's natural course. Plenty of fluids and wrap up warm. If you need medicine to relieve the symptoms then buy it over the counter at the drug store. Just thinking of your pocketbook

Plenty of good fluids and warmth on this site - you came to the right place

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit