• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congratulations Poppy, welcome to freedom, I know you will enjoy it

love Linda

• yesidid
    yesidid
    He has often quoted me the scripture where the apostles say to Jesus

"where else shall we go"..

You might like to point out to him next time that the scripture does not say "where else shall we go" as the WT intimates. It actually says "To WHOM shall we go? You have the sayings of everlasting life." John 6:69 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. (WEB)

Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. (ASV)

Then Simon Peter gave this answer: Lord, to whom are we to go? you have the words of eternal life; (BBE)

Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast words of life eternal; (DBY)

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. (KJV)

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. (WBS)

"Master," replied Simon Peter, "to whom shall we go? Your teachings tell us of the Life of the Ages. (WEY)

Simon Peter, therefore, answered him, 'Sir, unto whom shall we go? thou hast sayings of life age-during; (YLT)

Peter says we should go to Jesus, not any man made organization.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Congrats Poppy, I too have recently left the Jdubs after doing about a year or so worth of research myself. No one I talked to ( encluding my wife ) could answer any of the questions I posed at them. So this made me realize that it couldn't be the truth. I feel free now. Just take some time off now to let it all settle in. In time you will know what it is you want. Take care of yourself. And unlike the WTS, I and everyone here will always be here if you need us. Jim

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I know hon. I still can't properly express how boggled I am that they consider disfellowshipping LOVE. I just can't get my head around the concept, so I have to just tell myself that they're cult members, and can't think properly. It's the only possible explanations.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The elder taking the group, (who I dearly love) said it was discipline and the person had to learn,

YES! They MUST LEARN not to EVER disagree with the evil, fraudulent and devious WTS! They will PAY!

I am proud of you for the stand that you have taken......you WILL find more and more strength each day as you get more time behind you as far as the WTS goes.

I did the same thing (I am ashamed to admit) that the mom in your post did.....I totally shunned my oldest son since 1981, and missed the joy of being around when my three grandchildren were born because of my stupid idea that I was "pleasing Jehovah". (Oh please ) My entire family of nonJWs hated me, and of course----now the JWs hate me as well! The WTS is an evil, hateful and hurtful organization that has nothing to DO with the Christ that they claim to be footstep followers of.

We can only recognize our mistakes and ask forgiveness for being so stupid and gullible.....and then pick up the pieces and go forward the very best way that we can.

Just hang in there, Sweetie, Jesus understands what you have been through, and he is only a prayer away when you are ready......

big hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit