Health Care: A Right or a Privilege?

by prophecor 401 Replies latest members politics

• LDH
    LDH
    ...thats why we pay scientists less than we do our sports heros...thats why an actor earns more than a teacher....models earning more in a day than a nurse in a year...

We all know there are exceptions to the rules, Sammie. That's why there's 'rules.'

Who? Who are these horrible, small, people??? Guess what? Terrorist don't hate us for our freedoms, and working class Americans don't begrudge rich people the occasional boobjob (or any other medical procedure money can buy, but the trickle down from boobjobs inspired the mention).

I haven't insulted anyone , and it's so pathetic to see you espousing that I call poor people 'horrible small people.' My position has not changed, there are government programs now to take care of those living in poverty. There is a middle class that's being squeezed with regards to health care, so what's freaking new about that? The working class ALWAYS gets squeezed. There's only one way to not get squeezed forever. PLAN AHEAD so that your reliance on others is minimized. This is the same message. It doesn't change.

If I was one of the people complaining about my benefits package that my employer has, I can guarantee you I would not be sitting here pining away about how the government should be doing more--I would be on freaking MONSTER.COM looking for a REAL employer.

I won't apologize for working hard and being semi-successful.

In case you forgot, I too was raised in a cult, denied a normal childhood, and denied a formal education, kicked out at 21 as a single parent, disfellowshipped with no support network with a small child and here I am 16 years later as a self built person. I currently handle about a third of the state of California in my current role, with a very well adjusted and normal family life (and did I mention my 15 year old is a State Champion in her chosen avocation. I built that because I'm f*cking smart and not lazy. Two ingredients for success no matter where you are born in life.

So please get off of your welfare soap-box. People are quite largely responsible for the lives that they build as adults, regardless of how disadvantaged they are as children! First the argument was that I 'probably don't give to charity', when I offered to show my tax returns, that argument quickly changed to "Well you are just a bitch."

Again, I don't apologize for being successful, and I don't wish hard times on anybody.

Good luck trying to change the system. Until there is a breakdown and a true crisis, Americans will not accept any more government intervention in their lives, regardless of what name you call it. The word "socialized" is a taboo. It doesn't matter that "socialized" doesn't mean "communist." It only matters that Americans don't want to pay into another wasteful program when all the ones we have now don't work. Lower premiums for me would be right up my alley, too---why don't you suggest some independent actuaries create a plan instead of leaving it to the politicians who will not have to use the health plan. Just like they don't have to use any of the plans they currently vote on.

Cuba is a stupid argument, of course there are political issues there and the sanctions are just a fool's way of not dealing with those issues.

Lisa

Doesn't subsidize useless adults if I can help it, Class

• Robdar
    Robdar

Golly Lisa, no offense meant but I can't tell if your above post is a resume or just bragging. While you were pulling yourself up out of poverty, did you accept any government benefits like food stamps, housing, WIC, grants or school loans? They are fairly easy to get if you have dependent children. If you used any of these public benefits or others, or if your family assisted you in any way, then you didn't do it alone, did you?

• LDH
    LDH
    While you were pulling yourself up out of poverty, did you accept any government benefits like food stamps, housing, WIC, grants or school loans?

Not one penny.

Even as a single mother, I always had full-time and steady employment that was above the level at which I could apply for assistance. This employment had full benefits.

I do not have my college degree, like many XJWs. My earnings are going toward a college degree for my children FIRST, then me. I'm doing all right.

Any other questions?

• LDH
    LDH

Robdar, I can't help it, but I love how the truth comes out. I realize there are many people reading this thread thinking exactly what only you had the nerve/courtesy to ask.

People who will always make excuses for themselves will rarely become successful at anything.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Robdar, I can't help it, but I love how the truth comes out. I realize there are many people reading this thread thinking exactly what only you had the nerve/courtesy to ask.

People who will always make excuses for themselves will rarely become successful at anything.

Lisa, I am glad that you heard the courtesy in my post. Thank you for responding. Although I do not agree with your stance regarding health care, I admire your moxie at making your life what you wanted. You're a goer. I hope that you will continue to find success.

Robyn

• LDH
    LDH
    Although I do not agree with your stance regarding health care, I admire your moxie at making your life what you wanted. You're a goer. I hope that you will continue to find success.

Robyn

Thank you Robyn. If I thought the bean counters in Washington knew how to balance their checkbooks, I'd be all for National Health Care, because I do believe it is a better idea, and unless you're a stockholder in the health insurance game, public health care is a better financial deal...... Having said that, they'll never get their ducks in a row,

• LDH
    LDH
    Although I do not agree with your stance regarding health care, I admire your moxie at making your life what you wanted. You're a goer. I hope that you will continue to find success.

Robyn

Thank you Robyn. If I thought the bean counters in Washington knew how to balance their checkbooks, I'd be all for National Health Care, because I do believe it is a better idea, and unless you're a stockholder in the health insurance game, public health care is a better financial deal...... Having said that, they'll never get their ducks in a row, because they don't want to, and the

• LDH
    LDH

Robyn

Thank you Robyn. If I thought the bean counters in Washington knew how to balance their checkbooks, I'd be all for National Health Care, because I do believe it is a better idea, and unless you're a stockholder in the health insurance game, public health care is a better financial deal...... Having said that, they'll never get their ducks in a row, because they don't want to, and the American

• LDH
    LDH

Robyn

Thank you Robyn. If I thought the bean counters in Washington knew how to balance their checkbooks, I'd be all for National Health Care, because I do believe it is a better idea, and unless you're a stockholder in the health insurance game, public health care is a better financial deal...... Having said that, they'll never get their ducks in a row, because they don't want to, and the American people

• LDH
    LDH

Robyn

Thank you Robyn. If I thought the bean counters in Washington knew how to balance their checkbooks, I'd be all for National Health Care, because I do believe it is a better idea, and unless you're a stockholder in the health insurance game, public health care is a better financial deal...... Having said that, they'll never get their ducks in a row, because they don't want to, and the American people aren't making

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit