Anyone here anointed??//

by Star Moore 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I have on this comes from an experience from the late 60/early 70 time frame. There was a Circuit Overseer who came to OKla City area circuit who was of the "anointed". The only problem was that I do not believe he was over about 35 at the time. I am not going to mention him by more than initials (DW) because he was my friend and what I have to say is not totally complimentary. Everyone was of course fascinated by this abberation of the two class doctrine. Yes, we all knew it did not fit the 1931-1935 hypothesis, declining numbers at memorial, etc. So, there was a lot of buzz. This was before the elder thing, and I was out in a small congregation as assistant cong servant. My cong servant (a pretty sincere special pioneer) and I did a full gossip analysis on it. We were basically going on the party line that an old annointed must have done the unforgivable sin. Finally (believe it or not) the annointed CO sort of had a pi*zing match with this special pioneer's wife (because she was teasing me for wearing a cowboy hat during weekday service on a day about 15F in the sun) and I was left in the middle. (He made her cry and they went off by themselves to knock doors elsewhere.) Here was my chance, so I go for the question. What I got told was that "(bzz-bzz-) we cannot really say what JHVHs will is (garble-crackle-fade) but that it does not mean they were better than anyone else (crackle-pop) and that it does not give special insight unless we were on the GB itself (sweesh-burble-weird whistle sounds) (oops, we are losing the line...bzzzzzclick)". Now I am telling you all straight that this guy was a pretty good friend with me and would give me the real word on just about anything else, committee business and all. To this day he was certainly one of only TWO CO's that I found I could actually talk to. Probably I should mention that this annointed CO's wife was a really nice lady but was NOT of the annointed.

Well, of course he got reassigned in due time, went on I think to DO, and I went on to elder, quit in 1980 etc. I have asked several times and got told that after he and wife had a late-life son that he decided he wanted to be on the earth after all with the family and sort of UN-anointed himself. But all of that part is second hand. Maybe he is out there somewhere on this web and can laugh at my story for himself.

Bottom line: IMO this two class thing is elite-ism garbage and is not only unscriptural but unchristian as well.

James

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I generally don't answer these kind of threads anymore. Too many detractors making light.

GreenDawn:

Just why should God call one jw to be annointed and not another? Was it just his whim?

Would you have a problem with that?

MJ:It had an immediate effect on my wife, and signalled the beginning of the end of our marriage.

• heathen
    heathen
    Bottom line: IMO this two class thing is elite-ism garbage and is not only unscriptural but unchristian as well.

It is scriptural but I do think the j-dubs have turned it into elitism . Just read revelation 20:4 . I already mentioned revelation 7 where the great crowd simply comes out of the tribulation it says nothing about being resurrected . Nothing about being kings .

• james_woods
    james_woods

Sorry Heathen (and maybe also to LittleToe) - No disrespect here for anybody...

What I meant by "not scriptural" was that the idea of having one group of christians on earth "anointedHAVES" and another "NOT" and the "NOT" cow-towing to the "HAVES" is IMHO BS. Maybe there are allusions to various groups of believers in the NT, but this mediator stuff for and by the few is in my opionion human self pride. An illusion; not an allusion. Perhaps I should have said "not well-founded Scripturally".

Anyhow, the point of that story was that I don't think this special Anointed sort of thing (if real) could just come and go according to your own personal wishes at the moment...

James

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

James:Unlike Heathen, I don't buy the two-tier system. I don't think scripture is as cut and dried as he suggests, at all, but he's welcome to his beliefs.

As for it coming and going, I do know that some folks lose their "assurance" but that's another story altogether. Some base their belief entirely on a "feeling", and when it wanes they are left in doubt. Having been through a couple of "dark night of the soul"s, I have come to believe that"feelings" can be a poor foundation.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

• heathen
    heathen

I got ya there james . The WTBTS is the only religion that teaches anointment for the 144k exclusively . I've had to re think alot of things . I'm not saying I have all the answers but saying what I think the bible is telling . I suppose LT will tell me I have to believe as he does in order to be saved next.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I suppose LT will tell me I have to believe as he does in order to be saved next.

You know me better than that. Frankly that comment is disingenuous.

• heathen
    heathen

No, in fact I don't know you that well . You have made some comments to where it sounded to me that you wanted to exalt yourself . Just trying to find out what you're made of here .....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    You have made some comments to where it sounded to me that you wanted to exalt yourself .

Then you're right - you don't know me very well...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not buy into the 2 class crap - but if I could I would love to live on earth froever - what is wrong with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit