Anyone here anointed??//

by Star Moore 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

well all I can say is that the congregation questioned my sanity even and called me a liar or satanic so it really isn't worth it to me to discuss the issue .I've even had people try to trick into believing I was seeing things that weren't there , I even believe some satanic group is constantly trying to wield it's black magic and even use technology to discredit or cause what harm they can to me . I'm not exactly sure what their master plan is . It's really very disturbing .

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thanks for all your comments... VanGogh, I too think the kingdom will reign right here on earth, (you say, like the Unitarians?) I even think Jesus is a fleshly man @ his second coming.

Narkissos, I would definately like to agree with you, that everyone is anointed when they become a true christian. It seems logical, but my anointing is different from all my other friends, in or out of the JW's. I honestly don't know anyone except you and bennyk who are anointed in the way I am.

Oh, and to the last writer, that is odd about all those people becoming anointed. It happened around here too. Not that many though.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Heathen, It's wonderful to meet you, I had 2 different elders take me in the back room and tell me I wasn't anointed at 2 different times. I was full time pioneering. The scriptures say to test the inspired expression and if you are anointed the experience will be all good. If there is an evil twist then it's from the other guy. I'm thinking yours is from God. Did you drop out long after you had the experiences? Narkissos and I found it was our ticket out.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

One woman I knew in my old congregation felt that she was anointed when she was about middle aged I suppose. Her husband was an elder and ordered her not to partake the first year because she should be sure. The next year he ordered the same thing but she said that she simply could not deny it any longer.

I used to always wonder what it was that made people feel they were anointed when I was younger. My mother wanted me to talk to her but I was too nervous and shy to ask what I perceived to be a very personal question.

In university psycholgoy I've studied a lot about "religious experiences" and moments of feeling at one with the universe. I think that feeling you are annointed is just another form of a religious experience, and certainly not something that JWs have a monopoly on, nor do Western religions in general. However, not being religious I believe it in as a scientific and psychological phenomena and not as god opening a person's eyes to anything in particular. However, I certainly would not deny that people have these experiences I just choose to disagree with how they are sometimes interpreted.

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

HE SAID: In university psycholgoy I've studied a lot about "religious experiences" and moments of feeling at one with the universe. I think that feeling you are annointed is just another form of a religious experience, and certainly not something that JWs have a monopoly on, nor do Western religions in general. However, not being religious I believe it in as a scientific and psychological phenomena and not as god opening a person's eyes to anything in particular. However, I certainly would not deny that people have these experiences I just choose to disagree with how they are sometimes interpreted.

SHE SAID: lol - wow u studied alot! - alot about what? - generalities don't mean shite! (lol) - and what u think, absent explanation and/or other proof means ca ca (lol) - your "i believe" response makes u sound like a JW - lol

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    SHE SAID: lol - wow u studied alot! - alot about what? - generalities don't mean shite! (lol) - and what u think, absent explanation and/or other proof means ca ca (lol) - your "i believe" response makes u sound like a JW - lol

If I wanted to sound like a JW I would have made a blanket statement of fact allowing no room for outside viewpoints. What I have done is presented what I think by framing it as a belief, or personal opinion. I was not aware that JWs had a monopoly on believing in something.

I am not even sure what point you are trying to make since your post is phrased rather awkwardly. There is certainly not an absence of proof or scientific explanations if that is what you are postulating. However, religious explanations are faith based. The entire concept behind faith is believing in something you cannot prove. Sorry but blindly following something with no proof sounds a lot like being a JW to me. Although this never changes the fact that some people will not consider any evidence that goes contrary to their faith, sound familiar?

Nevertheless to anyone actually interested in doing academic research I've included a link to one article on the subject.

http://www.psych.uiuc.edu/~bhidalgo/litreview.htm

• heathen
    heathen

Star More --- I was out of there quicker than al bundy . There seemed to be some kind of conspiracy they were having a good ole time with , I was so fed up with their attitude and disrespect . Then come to find out what those lousy freaks in brooklyn did with the UN a couple years later . Things are starting to make some sense . It's not like I was talking about seeing virgin mary in a taco when I mentioned visions . Some very serious things were going on .

• M.J.
    M.J.

It would be interesting to hear experiences of how one dealt with the dogma that being "anointed" would forever separate them from non-anointed family members. I remember one poster (I don't remember who) talked about how his father's "anointing" was very distressing for the children, who would beg him, "please don't go away to heaven daddy"...

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I am currently annointed with Jack Daniels and Hellfire!

• anewme
    anewme

I have prayed and prayed and prayed to Jehovah for some sign of anointing.
    I was soooooooo good. I was the virgin Mary til 28, then married a very handicapped brother and continued to be the virgin Mary until 48.

I have searched the heavens at sunrise and sunset, shed tears and cried for inspiration........only to hear the silent rushing of blood in my own ears.

No.

No anointing for Anewme.

Maybe resurrection if she turns to doing good again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit