Anyone here anointed??//

by Star Moore 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello friends, I would like to hear some stories of becoming anointed. I have been for 5 years now.. been a christian for 26 years. I dropped out of the watchtower in September and am learning in leaps and bounds since I left with my new eyes.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

OK, here it goes.

I was in Bethel (France branch) in 1985. For a few months I had been reading the NT again, and this time it made a lot of sense to me. Once in my office I read chapter 8 of Romans -- the one which JWs misuse to describe the allegedly "particular" experience of some "anointed" class. I was overwhelmed. It was just impossible for me not to apply what I was reading to myself.

I was overjoyed and scared at the same time. Because with such an experience the whole WT doctrine was falling to pieces. I soon realised I could not anymore uphold the doctrine of "two classes" of believers etc. so "anointed" to me would mean "apostate" to the WT. What I was heading to was the loss of all my personal world, but I really felt I had no choice.

One thing I asked in prayer then was not to be completely alone through this.

Months went by. I submitted my resignation from Bethel and asked to resume my service as a special pioneer, naively hoping I could better concentrate on what I deemed important in the Gospel, at least for a while (actually it worked for a few months). The very day I left Bethel in December 1985, one good friend of mine, which had worked in Bethel for a few months and whom I was to join in pioneer service, came to help me pack my things. Before we left Bethel we had a last nightly walk in the nearby forest where we had had a lot of discussions before -- with him and others. Unexpectedly this very night he began to tell me how he had felt "anointed" from his youth on, and that now he would not repress this feeling anymore. You can bet I was amazed.

So we spent a few months as very special pioneers in a Portuguese congregation in Paris. Next Memorial the two of us partook. A few weeks later we both were df'd for "apostasy".

To both of us "anointed" was the sign on the exit door. I know there are a lot of similar experiences among posters in this forum.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Can we forget the word "teach" and replace it with "share"??? I was just wondering? Beware....I am on bud light #4!!!! Can I get some discernment please? I would post it as a topic, but I am over the limit.

Come on lets run'em!

Show me what what you got under YOUR hood!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no - I truly would like to live forever on paradise earth -if that was possible - so no, not annointed

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    I truly would like to live forever on paradise earth -if that was possible - so no, not annointed

Stilla,

Your post makes me feel like adding something.

To me the experience I described above had nothing to do with the prospect of being there, in heaven, rather than here on earth (as if there were a choice). The whole JW presentation, "if you enjoy earthly life your hope is to live forever on earth" seems pretty stupid to me: after all, Jesus in the Gospel seems to enjoy earthly life quite a lot; and as you realise individual death is an integral part of "earthly life". As a matter of fact I was never very much interested in "everlasting life" anywhere, nor even in my own future. Eternity as the truth of the instant, otoh, means something to me.

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

What made those of you "are annointed" believe that you are of "the annointed class?"

I think 2 of you mentioned that you are annointed. But neither one of you described why you believed this. What was your specific experience/feeling?

Thanks.

• heathen
    heathen
    I truly would like to live forever on paradise earth -if that was possible - so no, not annointed

Did you ever pray for Gods spirit? What I think the bible is saying is that at the time of the end all true worshippers have to enter the kingdom of the heavens to survive the tribulation and spend their time having access to it through out eternity so they really do go to heaven , the only difference is that heaven comes to earth . The 144k all die as martyrs and are resurrected to rule as kings .

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Friends..Nark(thanks for your story). Also I feel that there are not too different hopes (as of lately). That both, will be on the earth. But will have spiritual bodies in the sense of perfect bodies, not bent toward sin. I think being anointed (to answer the new sister's question) is when the holy spirit opens your eyes wide open to the bible and you slowly start really understanding things. That's maybe why newly anointed ones sometimes get disassociated after.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Friends..Nark(thanks for your story). Also I feel that there are not too different hopes (as of lately). That both, will be on the earth. But will have spiritual bodies in the sense of perfect bodies, not bent toward sin. I think being anointed (to answer the new sister's question) is when the holy spirit opens your eyes wide open to the bible and you slowly start really understanding things. That's maybe why newly anointed ones sometimes get disassociated after.

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

Star -

Did you just call me a "sister?" Yikes! That's freaky. lol

You also said: "I think being anointed (to answer the new sister's question) is when the holy spirit opens your eyes wide open to the bible and you slowly start really understanding things. That's maybe why newly anointed ones sometimes get disassociated after."

So I guess a lot of people on here are of the "anointed" - myself included. But i don't consider myself Christian anymore and I don't take everything in the Bible quite as literally as it seems some of you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit