Pray for death of Apostates

by tsarina 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reaper
    reaper

We tried to show a more balanced view to our 2 Girls. They are now both married with kids of their own and are both out of the Cult and are Born Again Christians. My wife used to buy them presents very near to Christmas so that they did not feel odd.

They thankfully do not hold it against us, but know it was the corrupt religion that caused us to have weird ways.

But many kids were treated awful. I loved music, and thankfully I listened to what I liked, and took no notice of the WT views of music. I listened to Rock Bands in the 70s and my oldest daughter likes the same kind of music. However I knew of some JW kids who could not even listen to the latest Pop songs. Pathetic people.

• Gill
    Gill

Garybuss - I hope you don't mind my saying something to yesidid, for you. I'm sure you'll tell me if you do mind!

yesidid - The way the bOrg works is that it has no consideration for the individual needs of its followers, particularly children. Is it right that any small child should be expected to sit through boring shit for two hours, twice a week and one hour once a week. Then there's the boring family study, and the hours upon hours perhaps sitting freezing in a buggy whilst there stupid mother goes around trying to sell, distribute, boring crap ie Watchtower and Awake mags etc. Then there's the beatings and slappings if they don't sit still through this nonsense. Then there's the telling the child that we'll all die at Armageddon which is by the way, 'coming any time soon', if we don't sit through hours of boring WTBTS shit and distribute the aforementioned in paper form to members of the public, who by the way, are going to die ' any time soon when Armageddon comes.'

Then there's sitting for days, upon days at boring assemblys, listening to mind numbing nonsense......because after all, Armageddon is coming any day soon and we're all going to die if we don't do this stuff.

If that's not cruelty to children...then please tell me what is.

Yes....because I was a JW...and I followed the rules of the WTBTS I was cruel to my children. They are a cruel organization. The world can only be a better place without that lying, organization.

• garybuss
    garybuss

yesidid, I stand by my post. Thanks for your comments

• undercover
    undercover

I think sometimes we let our hatred of the WTS spill over onto the unfortunate followers of the religion.

Remember, a lot of us were faithful followers of the religion, just as those who are still in. Did we "hate" children while we were JWs? Do we hate children now?

That doesn't mean that all is well within the family unit for JWs. While many are happy and seemingly well-adjusted, there are many that are in abusive situations. What is the WTS doing to protect those children? Not a lot.

That's where ex-JWs see the hypocrisy of the WTS; they see that the WTS says they love children and they print books about family life and have talks and demos at meetings and assemblies promoting happy families while all the while official church policies protect child abusers and promotes child sacrifice(blood policy).

It's the WTS who uses people of all ages to further their agenda. Children mean nothing to them, except possible adherents to the faith later. So their import is to train JW children to be JW adults. Nothing more, nothing less.

Despite all that though, the average JW parent loves their children as much as anyone else. It's just that they are unknowingly caught in a cult and are raising their kids to be cult members. It's not intentional, it just is. And the cult is set up so that to not bring reproach upon the organization, abuse of children (and adults, even) are covered over. It's the Society, not the average JW who has caused this situation to exist.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I heard many talks at the hall about how apostates are worthy of death even more of eternal destruction in the lake of fire. I have no doubt that JW continue to pray for the destruction of any who turn against the organization. But they did differentiate between disf'ed ones and apostates generally. JW hate and fear those who talk against the organization as being the one and only way of truth of the bible.

About kids, I would say that the 30 years I was in and 18 years spent raising my sons in it were difficult. The JW meetings are not kid friendly, but I never felt they hated kids. Pedphiles though had an open playing field because JW are very trusting of fellow witnesses even when it is not warranted. Think about it kids had to sit quitely for 5 darn hours a week no matter what their age was. It is not normal for kids to be so restricted at other Christian Churches, they warmly welcome kids to have fun learning the bible. But with JW there was little or no fun times for the kids unless the parents worked to make that happen. I personally do not feel that JW meetings are kid friendly. The conventions where we had to sit with our poor little ones all day long. They were tired and cranky and there was nothing to do to let them run around a little only at lunch time. It was a horrible experience for parents and kids. Another thing to consider is that we are constantly admonished to have have children, to pioneer and work for the organization. So they didn't want young couples having kids and looked down on those who had more than two at the most. Bringing child into the world was frowned on because it took time away from the ministry.

Is it any wonder that kids raised in the JW, leave it so eagerly once they escape their parents home? Of course not, it is miserible being raised in the JW for young people.

Balsam

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Hi!

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm getting this all wrong.

I read on one of the web pages that the society has written "we should pray for the death of apostates". I think this was a 2000 Watchtower, but to be honest I was so shocked at reading it that I forgot to make a note.

Can anybody enlighten me please???

• See "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" page 5 footnote 5 which points to the 1993 Watchtower study article "Search Through Me O God"

Paragraph 14 entitled "Hating What Jehovah Hates" (which never actually speaks of God's hates at-all) encourages - in fact is a command - to that very action.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Pretty obnoxious but doesn't exactly say that:

Regarding them, the psalmist said: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become tome real enemies." (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah's organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.--Job 13:16; Romans
    12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

Found on this website

http://www.towerwatch.com/Witnesses/Disfellowshipping/disfellowshipping.htm

• atomant
    atomant
    To be honest most of the jw's lve met ld feel like lwas being tortured or living through an endurance trial if l had to live forever with them lot.Oh the pain.l need another red pill.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Pretty obnoxious but doesn't exactly say that:

I don't think church literature ever really says what it "says" - it relies on a tidal wave of zeal to fill in the blanks without actually taking the full responsibility itself.

An exact - a genuine - article would remove any possibility of over-zeal in its interpretation, especially when it it speaking of God and when that over-zeal results in such a horrible action as praying for the death of others. Recall Jude 9, when Michael would not even rebuke the devil - let alone pray for his death.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w93 10/1 p. 19 par. 15 “Search Through Me, O God” ***

15 Regarding them, the psalmist said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job 13:16; Romans 12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit