Pray for death of Apostates

by tsarina 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tsarina
    tsarina

Hi!

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm getting this all wrong.

I read on one of the web pages that the society has written "we should pray for the death of apostates". I think this was a 2000 Watchtower, but to be honest I was so shocked at reading it that I forgot to make a note.

Can anybody enlighten me please???

• Gill
    Gill

Hi tsarina and Welcome!

I can't help you with that but I'm sure there are many here who still have records of literature and are at this very moment scanning for such a quote. Hope to read many more posts from you.

Gill

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It's true, I've read it but I'm not as organized as a lot of people here are with the information.

The bad thing is that's just the beginning, spend a little time in "best of" to get a good dose of reality with the Witnesses.

Welcome to the forum!

WLG

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have never heard of it, and cannot reconcile it with even the most hard line Watchtower articles, after all human life is human life and " I take delight not in the death of the wicked ........" Ez33.11

Unless we mean that by praying for the kingdom, they pray for Armageddon which includes the death of apostates and wicked ones.......kind of tenuous though

• greendawn
    greendawn

Tsarina welcome to the forum, the Governing body certainly have a lot of animosity towards and even death wishes for the ex JWs and above all the "apostates" but I can't remeber where I saw that quote that you mention.

• blondie
    blondie

I checked my WT-CD for pray, apostate, death and combinations in the 2000 WT and others, and found nothing like that. It is good to save those things in your favorites, "bookmark" them.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Welcome tsarina! Tell us more about your background ?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't know about the prayer quote. I've never seen that.
    I know my parents told me that I was lucky that we lived where we live and when we live, that if we lived in Biblical Palestine they would murder me if I quit being a Jehovah's Witness. Murdering apostates was talked about at meetings a lot in the 1950's. That's not a good subject for a parent to be discussing with their 7 year old child but that's what I see as typical of the Jehovah's Witness people. They are extremely nasty, especially to children.

The Watchtower, November 15,1952 p. 703
    Questions from Readers
    In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. “Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee.”—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.
    Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi tsarina, and welcome. I have never hward that quote, but I have been out for 6 or so years. It wouldn't surprise me if the jws dis say that though, I'm sure most of them think like that.

• LDH
    LDH
    They are extremely nasty, especially to children.

There's not a doubt in my mind. This is a religion of child haters.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit