Pray for death of Apostates

by tsarina 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Our father Jehovah, does NOT need a nuclear warhead to accomplish His will. I think He intends to prove that to you too...

I could be wrong....

Wanna race

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen

Aude--

A true apologist for JWs (which I'm not) could offer you some examples of programs and arrangements that have been implemented at various times to address those very issues. Personally I don't put a lot of stock in those sort of things any more than I look to the government to provide programs on how to raise kids, etc.

What I can speak to--and had in mind--are the sort of people I grew up around and had relationships with while I was a Witness. And I would say that they are just like any other group of people that I've known since I left. Most were decent, some were rotten, some were humble and hospitable, some were self-righteous and uptight, and some would give you the shirt off their back or the last dollar they owned.

I left because I eventually realized that the belief-system which binds them together is just simply false, not because I had a problem with them as people. I agree that the teachings of the organization are in some aspects detrimental to the family, including children. Foremost among these is the repressive view of sexuality which children are saddled with. But this same fault is also shared by most brands of Christianity. I would also agree that the whole disfellowshipping arrangement is very detrimental--as I know first hand. But it is one thing to attack the policies of a religious organization, and quite another to make a blanket condemnation of its adherents as "nasty child haters." That was my point.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Knowing Him as I do, I do not think He would want the warhead to steal His THUNDER!

But I could be wrong....

Wanna race?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    If spanking constitutes child abuse...

I don't think it does. I refer to beatings. For instance, the ones I watched growing up in my house, and the houses of relatives and friends.

Spend one day driving around in a cargroup full of pioneer sisters and you will know everything there is to know and more.

Hoo-boy, is your naiveté showing. There are a few taboo subjects among Jehovah's Witnesses, there are those things which must not be spoken lest they be made real. An unpunished accusation of child abuse is one of them, especially if it involved someone in a position of authority. Besides, it is more scintillating to slander the character of Sister Shortskirt and Sister Flirt.

Secondly, I never served as an elder. I was a MS and pioneer. But that is irrelevant...

Reality check. That is certainly not irrelevant. Exposure to the underbelly almost requires it, unless you are an exceptionally perceptive sort. You don't exactly strike me as exceptionally perceptive given your ignorance about the taboos on certain subjects. Was your father an elder while you were growing up in his house?

You have me incredibly curious now: Why would you think pioneer sisters would know about child abuse accusations? More to the point, why would they know about any confidential matter, and why would they prat about it in your presence if they did?

I bet you never knew of a single upcoming disfellowshipping before it was announced unless the person told you themselves or you were one of the accusers. In which case, you would only know the details of a child abuse claim if action was taken. Also, gaggles of pioneer sisters are notorious for attributing the crime of infidelity to every disfellowshipping—whether accurately or not.

Curiously,
    AuldSoul

• ballistic
    ballistic

Personally, I don't think over-the-top speculation or generalisation would do this board's credibility any good. I think it would be far better to stick to what we do know for fact.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome Tsarina

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen

AuldSoul--I'm not interested in having a pissing contest with you. I'll only add this: If you actually believe that confidential matters which weren't supposed to make it past the elders didn't regularly leak out into the grapevine, then I don't hold a candle to you in the naivete department.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

can not find anything on the CD-ROM

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I'll only add this: If you actually believe that confidential matters which weren't supposed to make it past the elders didn't regularly leak out into the grapevine

I think your remark proves certain confidential matters did not. I asked you whether such confidential information leaked out BEFORE or AFTER action was taken. That is a reasonable question considering the major bone of contention regarding child sexual abuse in the organization is that reports weren't acted on. If you prefer not to answer, I am content to let your silence speak for itself.

AuldSoul

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi tsarina, welcome to JWD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit