• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gary, alamb

The blood issue is their Kool Ade.

Now to get the media to see it.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Eduardo:

One of my theories is that a person who has been touched personally either through direct loss of a family member or via a close friend is more likely to have left the Organization, perhaps not because of the blood doctrine but as a contributory factor. Thus since this forum is a gravitational point for ex-members, I would expect a higher concentration of reported cases here on JWD than if we were able to just conduct a sampling of all active Witnesses.

Still even with this potential flaw building a record wouldn't hurt.

That does describe my experience. I was leaving, bit by bit, for a long time. By the time my Mom died, I wasn't at meetings anymore. Her death, as well as the deceptive, arrogant, hypocritical actions of the Hospital Liaison Committee elders and my JW relatives...proved to be the 'straw that broke the camels back.'

There is also another important reason why it would be a good idea and that is not too forget the victims of this terrible doctrine. A "Memorial" website would serve these purposes and also perhaps garner some media attention to the issue. And of course touching persons with a real face and name is one of the best ways to make an impact on active Witnesses.

I don't agree with much of what you have to say or your attitude toward 'Momma' Watchtower, however, I think this Memorial website is a very good idea. People could participate without identifying themselves -- only the victims name, the year they were sacrificed and even the city and state. Many people know those details, so, even faders like me can participate and make an impact. My mother was very well known and loved, if an active JW 'went' to that site and saw her name, age, etc. along with thousands of others...it could make a good impact on them.

A 'virtual' on-line cemetery of the Governing Body's sacrificial victims. They deserve a voice.

A great idea.

• Scully
    Scully

AJWRB has a memorial of sorts which was first started and maintained by David Reed. It hasn't been updated in a long time.

http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/index.shtml

This is the kind of archive that needs to have names, ages, corroborating newspaper articles, dates, etc. detailing the circumstances that led to the person's death.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Okay, I know some of you will get upset but I think this has to be said here. In the above cases where someone lost a loved one because they refused a blood transfusion, will a dr testify to the fact, that had they had the blood transfusion they would have lived?

I know very few witnesses personally. But I know one little girl who's life has been SAVED because her JW mother consented to a blood transfusion. She would absolutely have died otherwise. And someone else very close to me miraculously survived despite refusing one...but has lingering health issues as a result.

• avishai
    avishai

Eduardo? you want stats? My cousin is DYING as we speak due to this policy!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I am BTT this thread because it is important to me.

I cried a few minutes ago over this 14 year old kid we all watched F*CKING DIE WHILE WE WERE READING ABOUT HIM!!!! My daughter is 14. I would kill someone over killing my child, and everyone in between me and them.

They kill people. They kill people. People, children DIE for this organization. THEY DIE OVER MONEY!!!!

Damn them to hell and they are going to have fun with what is coming for them.

Thanks, Avi. You helped me with a choice.

WLG

• avishai
    avishai

No problem!!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Jehovah's Witnesses Have Blood On Their Hands

Jesus and his apostles would object to the Jehovah's Witnesses ban on blood transfusions which has led to the slow deaths of thousands of their members.

The following texts list the sins that Christians should guard against:

Matthew 15:19, 20
    1 Corinthians 6:9, 10
    Galatians 5:19-25
    Ephesians 5:3-7
    Colossians 3:5-9
    1Timothy 1:8-11
    Revelation 21:8

The following 42 sins are listed:

Abusive Speech
    Adultery
    Anger
    Badness
    Blasphemy
    Contentions
    Covetousness
    Cowardice
    Disgusting Filth
    Divisions
    Drunkenness
    Enmities
    Envies
    Extortion
    False Swearing
    False Testimony
    Fits of Anger
    Foolish Talking
    Fornication
    Greediness
    Homosexuality
    Hurtful Desire
    Idolatry
    Jealousy
    Kidnapping
    Lack of Faith
    Loose Conduct
    Lying
    Murder
    Obscene Jesting
    Obscene Talk
    Revelries
    Reviling
    Sects
    Sexual Appetite
    Shameful Conduct
    Spiritism
    Strife
    Thievery
    Unbecoming Speech and Conduct
    Uncleanness
    Wrath

Though the list is extensive, the eating of blood is not mentioned even once in the several above-mentioned sources. There is not one verse or one list in the entire Christian Greek Scriptures that says Christians in general must not eat blood. Early in their history, Jehovah's Witnesses taught that Acts 15 simply contains admonition for GENTILE CHRISTIANS who were being urged to have regard for the sensitivities of their Jewish brothers and sisters.

So, it is completely without authorization from the Bible that Jehovah's Witnesses condemn their members who accept a blood transfusion. Since thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses have died slow deaths due to this man-made teaching, who should be blamed for their deaths?

Each one of Jehovah's Witnesses should prayerfully consider the following:

-- It is a fact that the Bible does not condemn blood transfusions. Acts 15 contains instructions for Gentile Christians on conduct in the presence of their Jewish brethren. That was the original and official view of the Watchtower Society before the no-blood ban went into effect during the 1940s and 50s.

-- It is a fact that blood consumption is not in any New Testament list of sins.

-- It is a fact that the originator of the "no-blood" doctrine was a man who dabbled in spiritism. Clayton J. Woodworth, just a few short years before he became editor of the magazine now called "Awake!," admitted that "my mind became unbalanced, and I came directly under the influence of evil spirits, so much so that for three days I was as completely under demonical control as was Mrs. Eddy when she wrote 'Science and Health.' . . . I know now that all these Scriptures were suggested to my mind by the evil spirits."

-- It is a fact that Jesus showed how wrong it is to let someone die because of having a pharisaical concern for obedience to a religious law. (Matthew 12:11, 12; Luke 14:5, 6)

-- It is a fact that THOUSANDS of Jehovah's Witnesses have already died because their leaders choose to reject Jesus and to follow a spiritist.

-- It is a fact that Jehovah's Witnesses would rather see a helpless tiny baby die than receive a life-saving blood transfusion -- a baby that cannot speak for itself or defend itself.

-- It is a fact that Jehovah's Witnesses throw their sick and weak members out of their organization as "evildoers" if they accept a blood transfusion. (To avoid lawsuits, they claim the accused was not expelled but that he chose of his own volition to leave the organization.)

-- It is a fact that rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses are quick to label anybody who disagrees with their stance as "uninformed," "prejudiced" and "hateful."

-- It is a fact that some in the rank and file accuse doctors and hospitals of being "greedy lovers of big money" or that they practice "bad medicine" simply because the vast majority of them don't agree with Jehovah's Witnesses.

-- It is a fact that Jehovah's Witnesses are so self-absorbed that they often think they are being "persecuted" when a member dies and the media relates the news just as it happened, explaining that the death was due to refusing a blood transfusion.

-- It is a fact that bloodless surgery is useless in immediate emergencies, as when a patient is rapidly losing blood from a car accident.

-- It is a fact that bloodless surgery offers no hope to persons suffering from certain types of leukemia and other health problems. Neither is it of any value in most parts of the world where such surgery is unavailable.

-- It is a fact that bloodless surgery has its failures just as there are failures in transfusing blood.

-- It is a fact that most reputable articles that point to dangers in transfusions are dealing with specific types of transfusion and not with the type generally administered.

-- It is a fact that blood transfusions save lives -- MILLIONS of lives every year -- and bloodless surgery saves LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF ONE PERCENT of that number.

Still, millions of Jehovah's Witnesses choose to go along with the no-blood doctrine, blindly ignoring the fact that there is a truly heartless and unscriptural aspect to the story of their religion!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    I am BTT this thread because it is important to me.
    I cried a few minutes ago over this 14 year old kid we all watched F*CKING DIE WHILE WE WERE READING ABOUT HIM!!!! My daughter is 14. I would kill someone over killing my child, and everyone in between me and them.They kill people. They kill people. People, children DIE for this organization. THEY DIE OVER MONEY!!!! Damn them to hell and they are going to have fun with what is coming for them.
    Thanks, Avi. You helped me with a choice.
    WLG

What happened ? Is this someone you know or in the news...?

I am sorry you had to watch such a useless death.

Rabbit

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Time to bring this back to the top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit