RE: blood issue and media.

by avishai 91 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Please send letters to Stephen Bates requesting an article on this issue. [email protected] Many of you may not see immediately how important this matter is. Beyond the other legal ramifications, i.e, the WTS lying about secular info., intentional deception, etc., the blood issue IS a huge one. There are stats that state that as many people die per month from the twisted blood policy as waco. And as many a year are killed as Jonestown. MANY of them children.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Roger that!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah%27s+witnesses&sa=N&tab=ni my protest picket is #3 ranked image

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    There are stats that state that as many people die per month from the twisted blood policy as waco. And as many a year are killed as Jonestown. MANY of them children.

In all due respect , I have wondered where such stats can be obtained. A source, please.

B

• avishai
    avishai

New i could count on ya, buddy!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"We wish that we could provide some hard numbers, but for obvious reasons, the Society chooses not to document these deaths. We will attempt to illustrate the human cost. According to published reports, in 1994 there were 22.6 million surgical procedures performed in the United States.

For the purpose of our illustration, we will assume that only 25% of these procedures would qualify as major surgery, or approximately 5.6 million cases. Based upon the WTS published figures, we can extrapolate that approximately 20,600 of these surgeries were carried out upon Witnesses (U.S. publisher ratio is 1:270). Since we know that a refusal to accept blood increases the mortality risk by approximately one percent, we can conservatively estimate that 206 Witnesses died in the United States, directly as a result of refusing blood therapy.

Furthermore, there are 5.4 million Witnesses publishing the good news as of 1996. Less than one million of these were in the United States. So we can conservatively multiply this figure by a factor of five. The resulting estimate shows that approximately 1000 Jehovah's Witnesses die annually as a result of the blood prohibition. "

http://www.ajwrb.org/science/risks1.shtml from

• DannyHaszard
  • avishai
    avishai
    Furthermore, there are 5.4 million Witnesses publishing the good news as of 1996. Less than one million of these were in the United States. So we can conservatively multiply this figure by a factor of five. The resulting estimate shows that approximately 1000 Jehovah's Witnesses die annually as a result of the blood prohibition. "

Exactly, and there's more JW's now, plus the "inactive ones" or even df'd who still follow the blood policy due to indoctrination.

Think of it this way. There are about as many JW's in the world as th population of New York city. How many out of Eight million people would die w/out a transfusion? A lot.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm a terrible letter writer. Can someone post copies of their letters that we can use.

There is a hospital in my area that has a Bloodless Surgery center. Many JW's from around the state go there for surgery. I would like to send them a letter.

http://www.warminsterhospital.com/CWSContent/warminsterhospital/ourServices/medicalServices/centerForBloodlessMedicineAndSurgery+.htm

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Danny and Avishai,

your (the New Light on Blood's) statistical model is complete nonsense. Unfortunately it doesn't match with common sense and experience. By your model, each one of us here should know a Witness personally who has died from refusing blood. That is obviously not the case. Take a poll and you will find that only a handful have personal experience of knowing someone or having a relation die from refusing blood.

I say above that it doesn't match with common sense because even Jehovah's Witnesses would refuse to obey the blood doctrine if they were losing that many members a year. Because many of those personally touched by such a tragedy recognize the error in the doctrine a loss of a thousand or more a year would have such a massive fall-out in membership that it would be immediately obvious.

the use of such statistics is completely irresponsible and detracts from a good message about reform on the issue.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit