RE: blood issue and media.

by avishai 91 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    With regard to the tragic experiences related in this thread, I believe that these prove my very point. Each of these incidences is so emotionally impactful that it is not just the victim who is affected but also JW family and even friends. It is my contention that if there were a "1000 JWs dying a month" in the U.S. between the dead ones and the family/friends who leave over this the attrition would be staggering.

My figure of 1000 a month was world wide. And you'd have to figure many of those would'nt have the access to medical care that would prevent the need for a transfusion in the US, as the rate of growth is highest in third world countries.

• Scully
    Scully

Eduardo:

Please continue to do so. It is important to share the individual personal stories and I wish there was a website, other than New Light, although you can do it there, which was solely devoted to relating these.

Have you ever considered putting a website up yourself? I looked at your website the other day and I was impressed with the quality of the web design and presentation. You'd be contributing to a very worthy cause. I would definitely contribute my personal experience if it was your site.

• avishai
    avishai

PS, eduardo, what WOULD it take to convince you that that many per yr. died? Say even a thousand worldwide?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It is my contention that if there were a "1000 JWs dying a month" in the U.S. between the dead ones and the family/friends who leave over this the attrition would be staggering.

Well, not really since most surviving witness family members would shrug their shoulders, use the funeral as an opportunity to do an infomercial to unbelievers, and stagger along blindly following mother.

At least, that is what I have observed in my 30+ years as a witness.

Jean

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I am afraid only certain stats would do. But due to medical confidentiality laws, even any figures obtained from the Society by means of legal process would likely be flawed. Perhaps there may never be an accurate count. what is more important is stopping the practice.

I also encourage all JWs who do wish to accept a transfusion to establish a plan, discuss it with doctors and have sympathetic friends or an attorney run interference for you when the time arrives, plan even in an emergency. If you can seal up the hospital room no one but whom you want will know your medical decision.

-eduardo

• avishai
    avishai
    I am afraid only certain stats would do. But due to medical confidentiality laws, even any figures obtained from the Society by means of legal process would likely be flawed. ; Perhaps there may never be an accurate count. ; what is more important is stopping the practice.

I also encourage all JWs who do wish to accept a transfusion to establish a plan, discuss it with doctors and have sympathetic friends or an attorney run interference for you when the time arrives, plan even in an emergency. If you can seal up the hospital room no one but whom you want will know your medical decision.

And make sure there are no JW's on staff, there's several documented acct.s of dubs breaking medical confidentiality laws.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I forgot to add one thing about those that would post personal stories. Can you also please give us a time frame involved. Knowing three JWs that have died sounds impressive but not if it is over 40 years of being in. I still contend that if the incidence rate was as high as some have asserted that virtually every congregation and certainly every circuit would have someone die. In most circuits word of such things gets around so I think even at the circuit level you would have a good chance of knowing about it. Even if and perhaps especially so if as JB suggests that the event would be touted and used as reinforcing experience of the doctrine. Occasionally the Society relates such an account just for that reason. It would be even more so at the local level if it was happeningn as some have claimed.

-Eduardo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Even if and perhaps especially so if as JB suggests that the event would be touted and used as reinforcing experience of the doctrine.

Just one thing I should like to clarify re my post above. Funerals for witnesses killed by this policy are rarely used to advertise the fact that it was the witness policy that took the decedents life. Rather they are used as a generic infomercial for the witness faith.

In fact from my experience, unless you are the decedents family member, you are specifically kept ‘out of the know’ regarding the cause of death. We would have been told that the person suffered a 'shock' and died, or that they 'died of their injuries'. Most of the time when we did find out that blood loss was the cause of death it was because the person died in childbirth and it was pretty obvious that blood was the issue. There was no pneumonia, car wreck or disease to blame.

The fact that people die from this policy is not something that witnesses talk about much. It is, in my experience, pretty hush-hush. Just as an abused woman will make excuses for and protect her abuser to keep her own reputation intact, witnesses also will lie either blatantly or by omission to cover these deaths by blood-loss.

Jean

• seven006
    seven006

Eduardo,

*** I guess I will just have to tell the two hot actresses that want me to do their websites for them that I don't have the skills to do the job.***

This is exactly my point. Come on man, you seem to be a little smarter than this. Do you really think anyone outside of a Jr. high school locker room that would be impressed with that kind of statement ? This is the type of thing that makes people doubt your credibility in anything you claim.

Dave

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I lost a dear family member to the blood issue a few years back. It has hit my family twice.

I am just sitting here in tears realizing how many people posted on this string to note thier own experiences with this terrible doctrine.

Eduardo, you are surely a stinking lawyer. So wrapped up in proving your point, that you forgot the human stories that are here. I pray that your heart softens, and you can begin to relate to the human suffering that surrounds the blood issue and the many, many people who lost their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit